+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ironman 2

Ironman 2

There is an extra scene that previews the next movie in the Marvel Production world as the very end of the credits. The credits run about 6 or so minutes. This is what was in that scene.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    It was a shot of Thor's Hammer.

A little long because we went to the 9:30 show and got there at 9pm to make sure we got a good seat. The movie itself is 2hrs 14min so with 15 minutes of trailers plus the earlier seating we were there for 3 hours.

Most sequels suck. This one did not. Thanks to the staff at Marvel who know a lot about story continuation. I felt it was a little slow paced and could have been shorter, I was feeling a bit bored, ( I don't like sitting in a theater for 45 minutes before a movie even starts). The story picks up right after the last one ended. We see the consequences of Tony's having an artificial heart and using untested technology. I like how Shield and the Avenger Initiative is woven into the story. Very nice touch with Captain America's shield. Really got mad that our government would just steal an invention from a citizen. Then there was that piece with Bill O'Reilly calling Pepper a pinhead. Does he really say such nasty stuff about people? If so he is a donkey's behind.

Overall well crafted movie. Didn't move me or excite me as much as the first.
    Still am looking forward to more films from Marvel as they know how to do the Superhero genre well.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Ironman 2

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3897625;
    There is an extra scene that previews the next movie in the Marvel Production world as the very end of the credits. The credits run about 6 or so minutes. This is what was in that scene.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    It was a shot of Thor's Hammer.

A little long because we went to the 9:30 show and got there at 9pm to make sure we got a good seat. The movie itself is 2hrs 14min so with 15 minutes of trailers plus the earlier seating we were there for 3 hours.

Most sequels suck. This one did not. Thanks to the staff at Marvel who know a lot about story continuation. I felt it was a little slow paced and could have been shorter, I was feeling a bit bored, ( I don't like sitting in a theater for 45 minutes before a movie even starts). The story picks up right after the last one ended. We see the consequences of Tony's having an artificial heart and using untested technology. I like how Shield and the Avenger Initiative is woven into the story. Very nice touch with Captain America's shield. Really got mad that our government would just steal an invention from a citizen. Then there was that piece with Bill O'Reilly calling Pepper a pinhead. Does he really say such nasty stuff about people? If so he is a donkey's behind.

Overall well crafted movie. Didn't move me or excite me as much as the first.
    Still am looking forward to more films from Marvel as they know how to do the Superhero genre well.
    We also saw it last night as friends wanted us to go with them.... violating my rule of only seeing these super popular films when the buzz has worn off...we got there at 830 for a supposed 9pm show to get good seats (and needed to, the theater was packed), had a half hour of mini ads followed by at least 15 min. of previews, My legs were already restless before it started. Overall good, but what I was really curious about was the scene after the credits (I could tell there would be one by the high percentage of "fanboys" who stayed in their seats at the end and obviously "knew something") which didn't seem to have anything to do with Ironman.... so I"m guessing this is some other Marvel franchise? I'd read that they are doing a whole series of slightly interconnected films... so that it will be quite a while before we see Ironman 3. So can someone tell me (in spoilers if need be) what what Bearcata calls
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Thor's hammer
    refers to? I stopped reading comics in the early Superman days! Thanks.
    Last edited by PWS; 05-09-2010 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3897787;
    We also saw it last night as friends wanted us to go with them.... violating my rule of only seeing these super popular films when the buzz has worn off...we got there at 830 for a supposed 9pm show to get good seats (and needed to, the theater was packed), had a half hour of mini ads followed by at least 15 min. of previews, My legs were already restless before it started. Overall good, but what I was really curious about was the scene after the credits (I could tell there would be one by the high percentage of "fanboys" who stayed in their seats at the end and obviously "knew something") which didn't seem to have anything to do with Ironman.... so I"m guessing this is some other Marvel franchise? I'd read that they are doing a whole series of slightly interconnected films... so that it will be quite a while before we see Ironman 3. So can someone tell me (in spoilers if need be) what what Bearcata calls
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Thor's hammer
    refers to? I stopped reading comics in the early Superman days! Thanks.
    more more info check out this url MARVEL ANNOUNCES CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, AVENGERS MOVIES; RELEASES Q1 08 NUMBERS - NEWSARAMA.

Basically, Marvel plans to maximize on Ironman's success by releasing 2 films in 2010 and 2 films in 2011.

The films will be:

Ironman 2 - May 7, 2010
    Thor - JUne 4, 2010
    Captain America - May 6, 2011
    The Avengers - July, 2011

In the theater I was in there were less then 8 of us who stayed to see the final scene. I guess the word hasn't gone out to everyone about it.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

In addition to the other movies coming out, The Avengers (to maybe be written and/or directed by Joss Whedon) will involve Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, and Black Widow (Scar Jo's character in Iron Man 2, though they never called her that) and other Marvel characters. In Iron Man 2, aside from the tail end piece, you also see Cap's shield (when Tony is "renovating") and the news footage on the TVs at the end when Tony's talking to Nick Fury is from the last Hulk movie. They're trying to sync up a time line to make the Avengers work. Hey, I'm not saying it will work, but if Whedon is involved, it might just.

As for Iron Man 2, I liked it, but didn't love. RDJ was awesome as always and Sam Rockwell was absolutely wonderful but I felt the pacing was slow--it took too long for Whiplash to get to Iron Man, for instance. (And how did he even know Tony was driving the car? Or did he want to create a ruckus generally?) The biggest downer for me was the increased screen time Gwyneth Paltrow got in this one from the first IM movie. I swear I had the borrowed DVD on my coffee table for three months before I had absolute assurance Gwyneth wasn't in the movie that much. She wasn't and she kind of fit the part okay. But in this one, the extended Tony/Pepper bickering just got on my nerves and didn't play as "cutesy" to me as it was likely intended. Then again, others may not share my distaste for Gwyneth Paltrow and find it all just fine.

There has been a little slippage with the dates of the next 3 Marvel Studio movies.

Thor - May 6, 2011
    Captain America - 22 July, 2011
    The Avengers - 4 May 2012

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

I also liked Iron Man 2 but did not love it. I loved the first Iron Man movie, even though I am not a big Robert Downey Jr. fan. The original had such a great plot. I was hoping that they would come up with something amazing for part 2 also... no such luck. It was good to see it on the big screen, but it really was not as good as the first one.
    p.s. I did stay for the final scene (I had heard about it on the radio). I didn't know what the scene meant until someone else in the audience explained it.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Thanks for the info on the final scene to all!

I can't wait to see Iron Man 2... but I'll wait for it to come out on DVD. Movie theaters aren't really my thing.

I loved the first movie.
    ~Supernatural Addict~

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Okay, we're in our 60s and not comic book fans. Normally, I wouldn't ever go see a movie based on a comic book, but I loves me some RDJr. So we rented Ironman 1 and watched it yesterday, then went to the theater to see Ironman 2 this afternoon.

Loved them both. Thought RDJr was the BEST choice to play Tony Stark. Very entertaining afternoon.
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

+ Reply to Thread