+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Remember Me - Mar. 12 - Rob Pattinson

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Remember Me - Mar. 12 - Rob Pattinson

An early pre-review.........

Pattinson, Brosnan Showdown Ends With Big Twist

The pairing of Robert Pattinson and Pierce Brosnan as father and son in "Remember Me" has had fans atwitter since the cast was announced, but it's the film's surprise ending that will keep the buzz alive.

Pattinson is sharp in this beautifully shot film, and one-time James Bond Brosnan is in top form. Their thick onscreen New York accents might slip a bit in the heat of their constant arguing, given Pattinson's a Brit and Brosnan an Irishman. But Pattinson makes coming out on the wrong end of cop fights and cramped student living in New York look appealing, while the polished Brosnan looks perfectly at home in his big business surroundings.

But the big talking point when this movie hits screens next month will be the surprise twist of an ending. For the sake of maintaining the surprise, we'll keep the details short on this massive twist. Suffice it to say it makes "The Book of Eli's" blind-reveal look pretty tame in comparison. It's a whopper.

Popcorn Biz will have a full review shortly before "Remember Me" opens on March 12.
    Pattinson, Brosnan Showdown Ends With Big Twist | NBC Bay Area

Here is the trailer.

YouTube - 'Remember Me' Trailer HD

Re: Remember Me - Mar. 12 - Rob Pattinson

Let me quess what the twist is; they're vampires!
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, I always like Pierce Brosnan....

Cute bearcata! And yes PWS, you gotta love Pierce. Also Oscar winning Chris Cooper plays a big role as well.
    I am very intrigued about the ending. The buzz is comparing it to The Sixth Sense, Primal Fear and The Usual Suspects in tone where it just surprises you. I like that!

I was gonna go with my daughter to see this just because she's in love with Pattinson....but comparing the ending with "The Usual Suspects"....one of my fav movies?? Cool! Can't wait to see it now.

And Pierce "Remington Steele" Brosnon is always purty eye candy.

Hi French Dip -
    Yes, I am trying to stay away from anything that may have a spoiler as the ending is huge, apparently.
    I read one tweet and the reviewer said it was one of the best movies they have seen in a while. The buzz seems great so far.

Another positive pre-review. I am so looking forward to this movie.

Robert Pattinson's Tyler is Nothing Like Edward
    Our friend Maria Lindholm from ELLE Sweden went to a pre-screening of Remember Me and wrote a little bit about if for "The Robsessed":

I saw Remember me yesterday, actually with low expectations – neither the trailer nor the pre-released clips had me convinced. But now I´m very happy – Rob definitely CAN act. The cast is strong, as many have said, little Ruby Jerins is very good and Rob/Tyler's best friend Aidan/Tate Ellington have not received enough praise – he is very funny and brings a lot to the film. Tyler is nothing like Twilight's Edward, Tyler is cynical, angry, violent, doesn´t back out of fights (or sex, thank you very much) but still very caring. Everyone who likes Rob Pattinson will LOVE this movie – but I think I can safely say it goes beyond Twilight fandom as a truly lovely little film about family, loss, friendship and the fact that you should love as much as you can when you have it. Love is never insignificant.

I seriously cannot WAIT for this to come out next week. It's about time Rob got some acting praise.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

For fans of this movie; if you can, buy your tickets in advance. The movie is tracking low on some sites, but huge on Twitter and others. The best thing we can do is buy tickets now. It's a small film, it's not getting a huge release, so we need all the help we can get. Thanks!

Fandango (though this site has been inconsistent)
    Movietickets.com
    Moviefone.com

Also, don't read reviews, some critics are giving away the ending! In advance screenings, folks love this movie, it's all over Twitter, which is great. Just go see it, that's what many are saying.

edited to add - This is from Box Office Mojo - a poster who has been following the movie

I think tracking will be low on Remember Me. It has many good internet signs so far:

* Very high tweet counts
    * Already showed up on Fandango 5 top ticket sellers
    * #14 on Yahoo Buzz Index
    * Trending high on
    Google Insights
    Last edited by talldede; 03-10-2010 at 12:17 PM.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I can't believe that between Rob and Pierce they are not prepared to ramp up the release at a moment's notice. Rob alone should guarentee a good opening, and with Pierce in there it is the perfect mother/daughter/grandmother flick. Unless it is R rated?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast