+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Remember Me - Mar. 12 - Rob Pattinson

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Re: Remember Me - Mar. 12 - Rob Pattinson

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3852060;
    I can't believe that between Rob and Pierce they are not prepared to ramp up the release at a moment's notice. Rob alone should guarentee a good opening, and with Pierce in there it is the perfect mother/daughter/grandmother flick. Unless it is R rated?
    PWS it is rated PG-13. Yes, Rob is a draw when in the Twilight movies, it's unproven if he is a big draw on his own. But agreed, with Pierce who is amazing, and Oscar winning Chris Cooper, Lena Olin, it's a terrific ensemble cast.

We'll see, I hope it does well.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;3852210;
    PWS it is rated PG-13. Yes, Rob is a draw when in the Twilight movies, it's unproven if he is a big draw on his own. But agreed, with Pierce who is amazing, and Oscar winning Chris Cooper, Lena Olin, it's a terrific ensemble cast.

We'll see, I hope it does well.
    With that rating it should do fine unless it is a total stinker. Hard to believe with Lena, Pierce et al., but I suppose anything is possible.

Just got home from seeing it. We thought the Eclipse trailer would precede it, but it didn't which made me a little sad.

The movie itself was riveting. I'm a twitchy person....always moving around in my seat....crossing and uncrossing my legs, etc.
    But I was riveted. I barely remember taking breaths.

The acting and casting were done really well. Pattinson can act. His roommate was entertaining. The chemistry between Pattinson's character and his love interest was believable.

I was prepared for a "shocker" ending, and given the timeline of the movie, I kinda guessed it. My daughter can verify that I leaned over and told her what might happen.....but I didn't get it 100% correct, so I was suprised at the ending.

My only negative comment is that I wasn't truly satisfied with how the father/son relationship was handled.

Anyway....go see it. Some may say it is predictable...but it was still a good movie.

ETA - I was also suprised that the theatre was only about 1/10th filled. I thought for sure the Twihards would show up.
    Last edited by french dip; 03-12-2010 at 03:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by french dip;3853274;
    The movie itself was riveting. I'm a twitchy person....always moving around in my seat....crossing and uncrossing my legs, etc.
    But I was riveted. I barely remember taking breaths.

The acting and casting were done really well. Pattinson can act. His roommate was entertaining. The chemistry between Pattinson's character and his love interest was believable.

I was prepared for a "shocker" ending, and given the timeline of the movie, I kinda guessed it. My daughter can verify that I leaned over and told her what might happen.....but I didn't get it 100% correct, so I was suprised at the ending.

My only negative comment is that I wasn't truly satisfied with how the father/son relationship was handled.

Anyway....go see it. Some may say it is predictable...but it was still a good movie.

ETA - I was also suprised that the theatre was only about 1/10th filled. I thought for sure the Twihards would show up.
    Thanks for sharing your experience. I love the word riveting and would say from what I've read, that is a very apt description. I've also read thoughtful and poignant. One guy tweeted a few nights ago after he saw a free screening that if you aren't moved by Remember Me you have no soul. Wow.

I hope it does well this weekend. Critics are mixed on it, but Johnny Q Public loves it. So, hopefully word of mouth can propel it to some decent box office numbers.

Oh, what did you think of Ruby Jerins, the actress who plays his little sister? She is getting unanimously great reviews. I can't wait to see her too.

Tonight for me and thanks again French Dip.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Wow...my local paper, which is not usually 'snooty" in it's reviews (aka not the New Yorker!) totally panned it. Zero stars, which NEVER happens. The entertainment section had a huge picture of Rob (and an inside very positive interview with him), and next to the picture it said something like, Review of the totally forgettable Remember Me inside. Yikes.

Said it was boring, everyone's acting was wooden, it was a forced weepie, and then at the end as you were eying the door for your getaway, the film dropped an anchor on your head just to be sure you were sobbing.

So... am fascinated to read the very positive reviews from you all!!! Guess I'll wait for some more feedback before I go...am also surprised to hear it wasn't packed.

PWS - It's strange to those of us supporting this movie. Some critics love it, like Ebert and some really dislike it. The ending is controversial, that's a given. With that said, these are real people tweets who went to free screenings this week.

twitter.com/groogruxking40

Just got back from the Remember Me screening. Really good. I mean really good. Go see it Friday

twitter.com/Linorb

Just saw Remember Me with Robert Pattinson and was thoroughly impressed. Did not see that ending coming.

twitter.com/purpleblanket

Saw #rememberme, wow. It's done so well, especially the ending.

twitter.com/Bobwise

I totally called it. Robert Pattinson CAN act. Everyone go see Remember Me this weekend.

twitter.com/xobreekat

i soooo speak highly of #rememberme definetly have to see this movie again on friday

twitter.com/Tem78

just saw #RememberMe. So moving, I loved it!

twitter.com/Brittanycakes

Going to see Remember Me. Let's see if Rob Pattinson can redeem himself as an actor.

Remember Me was AMAZING.

twitter.com/Jess_Jess89

Remember Me is life changing, i have no words #RememberMe

twitter.com/JordanBrowning

Remember Me was so good. And I'm glad I saw Robert Pattinson in something other than Twilight. Really, he sucks in Twilight.

twitter.com/CarolynMarie549

Remember Me is a must see!

twitter.com/sandyel

Remember Me was a great film. Go Rob!

twitter.com/rodi1955

Saw the movie "Remember Me" with Robert Pattinson..All I got to say is SEE IT!

twitter.com/corywnewell

i saw "Remember Me" at a prerelease showing- and its sooo good minus a few parts! go see it on Friday!

twitter.com/twitter.com/godutch

"Remember Me" was fantastic Didn't think about vampires once..Super good!

twitter.com/whereskaija

everyone should see #rememberme. It's amazing and if you don't at least tear up you are a robot. Cold, heartless robot.

twitter.com/daniellemarie28

the movie remember me.. was the saddest thing ever!

twitter.com/Mariepanderson

Went 2 a screening of Remember Me. Wow! A total shocker! It keeps u wondering throughout the film. Good movie. Nothing that I thought it would b! Bring yr hankies!!!

twitter.com/AlexaParker

"Remember Me is my new favourite movie." *said through heaving sobs and bubble snot a la Pumba in The Lion King*

twitter.com/katielynnacosta

remember me was really really REALLY good. and im an extremely harsh critic...ending to a fuh-mazing day

twitter.com/bubbz666

Remember Me was beautiful

twitter.com/kristynam

Went to advanced screening of Remember Me with @gweniepoo. It was surprisingly excellent. Loved it.

twitter.com/kristiem09

Just saw #RememberMe - Ummm, can you say AMAZING? I'd watch it again & again. Not too soppy or cliched,the perfect blend of all elements!!

twitter.com/dzetlin

#RememberMe was not what I was expecting!! I liked it but man was I surprised!

twitter.com/mckenziii

Holy sh^t. Remember me is probably one of the best movies I've seen this year. F^cking fantastic

Saw it, loved it! The pacing was a tad slow, but I loved the characters, and felt for them, their faults, their pain, their loves. My favorite scenes were with Rob and his little sister played by Ruby Jerins. They gave his character some soft edges and that was nice to see.

I thought Pierce was excellent as the detached father, Chris Cooper excellent as the pained cop.

Emilie de Ravin and Rob had excellent, very real chemistry, she is darling!

All in all a solid B in my book.

Saw it as well and loved it. Really fantastic scenes between Robert and his sister in the movie. The theater I was in, was packed. Hope that is a good sign.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Thanks for all the tweets, talldede---guess I will reconsider going! I was particularly impressed by the favorable tweet from the person who thought he sucked in the Twilight films.

Hm. The previews didn't have me interested at all, but the positive reviews here sound great. However, I don't think I'll run to the theater for it because there are too many other films coming out that I want to watch. I'll be putting this one on my Netflix queue and trying to avoid hearing about the ending until I watch it!

ETA - Just went to Netflix and was reading the description and for a second I could have sworn it said the director was Ann Coulter!! I was thinking I would have to boycott until I re-read and it says Allen Coulter!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast