+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Leap Year

CCL

Leap Year

Amy Adams goes to Ireland to propose to her boyfriend on February 29th (an old Irish custom being that a woman can propose to a man in a Leap Year. Yes, apparently it is not the 21st century and we women have to wait around for the men in our lives to get a move on except every four years when we get to take charge. But, anyways, they have to have a premise...). Her plane gets diverted and she hires a local bartender to drive her to Dublin. Dum, de, dum Cupid's arrow hits her and she starts to feel things for the bartender en route...will she succumb? Will she end up with her Stateside love? We must watch and find out...

Anyone planning on seeing this movie? The reviews have been stellar (okay, not really, but whatever). I love Amy Adams and it is set in Ireland, one of my favourite countries, so I'm in.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Re: Leap Year

Unless I hear something to change my mind, I will wait for DVD on this one. I'm getting a little tired of seeing the preview every time I turn on my television, and there is nothing in the preview that makes me think I need to see it. It looks like it could be a cute movie, but predictable.

I agree. It looks cute & predictable, but I LIKE cute & predictable. Yeah, I'm a sucker for chick-flicks.
    Not too many movies make me want to run out to the theater, however. So I'll wait & rent it when it comes out.
    Sounds like a good sit home with a throw-blanked wrapped around you movie to me. I like those.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet;3790324;
    I agree. It looks cute & predictable, but I LIKE cute & predictable. Yeah, I'm a sucker for chick-flicks.
    Not too many movies make me want to run out to the theater, however. So I'll wait & rent it when it comes out.
    Sounds like a good sit home with a throw-blanked wrapped around you movie to me. I like those.
    Yup. I agree. I thought about going to see it, but I think it's one I'd rather watch whilst snuggled in on the sofa.

We are taking the little one to see the chipmunk movie tomorrow, I think. After that, we aren't going to the theater again until Alice In Wonderland is showing.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I'm a sucker for chick flicks but I save them for DVD when I can watch them at home, alone while hubby is at work... then he doesn't laugh at me for crying at the sad parts and crying at the happy parts LOL.
    I'm looking forward to this one and It's Complicated
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

CCL

It was all those things - cute, predictable etc. But I enjoyed it. Went with two other "girls" so we had a girly day of it.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

MRD

Took my daughter and we loved it. It is cute and predictable, but very funny.

If you do get the DVD, be careful. It is unlucky to rent or buy the DVD on a Thursday. Or is that a Friday? Wait, I think it's unlucky to dig a well on a Friday. Or is that a Saturday?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Planning on seeing the movie this w/end with my daughter......love Ireland so the scenery itself will be worth....and I am a lover of sappy movies. Saw It's Complicated last w/end with hubby and we both liked it....Alec Baldwin is the best...great to see older people featured for a change!

MRD

I wanted to see It's complicated, but my daughter wanted to see this. The scenery in it is breathtaking
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread