+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415

Thread: The 82nd Academy Awards - Sunday, March 7, 2010

Re: The 82nd Academy Awards - Sunday, March 7, 2010

You would think that the academy would have learned after leaving Brad Renfro out a couple of years ago. Instead they follow it up with a bigger and better blunder. Farrah, Bea, Ricardo, Henry Gibson, et al deserved a moment of respect. Leave out one corny monologue and give these people their 5 second goodbyes. They blew it. Would be nice to admit it and show a little class.

Michael really needs no defending. His movie roles were few and far between, but so much of his music alone has contributed to film soundtracks. Many of his videos were "mini movies" produced or directed by some of the biggest names in the biz. His inclusion has no bearing on anyones exclusion.

I missed the beginning of the show due to some cable dispute with ABC in my area, but what I did catch was indeed a bit slow. I attributed it to jumping in midway and missing even more than I needed to miss by not learning until more than an hour in that ABC had been restored in my area. However, from reading the comments, perhaps I hadn't missed too much.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Keep it Real.
    Wow - I didn't even know about Henry Gibson. So thanks for mentioning it.

You missed absolutely nothing by coming in late to the show.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3853772;

I thought this year's show was a big snooze. After that opening number, followed by the lame intro from Alec and Steve ("Hey, there's so and so!" *clapclapclap* ), I was wishing they'd hired NPH to do the whole show....or gotten Hugh Jackman back again.
    Yes! Yes! They were a frickin' bore. This is the first time that i wasn't paying that much attention to it. It was incredibly predictable.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread