+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: The 82nd Academy Awards - Sunday, March 7, 2010

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Re: The 82nd Academy Awards - Sunday, March 7, 2010

Congrats to The Hurt Locker and Kathryn Bigelow! The way they presented the Best Actress and Actor nominees, with 5 colleagues speaking was all sorts of classy.

Enjoyed the show!

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3850236;
    It was a pretty boring show, I have to admit. And yes, very predictable. I would have liked to have had the Original Song performances instead of the dances to the Original Score nominess.

The only thing I didn't expect was Precious winning Best Adapted Screenplay. I expected that to go to Up in the Air. But other than that, there were no shockers whatsoever.
    ITA with everything you wrote. I almost forgot that they awarded original song. I would have much preferred a singing version over a dancing version.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

The ending was strange! I was a bit lost but I am glad the it went the way it did
    Last edited by taracran; 03-08-2010 at 12:13 AM. Reason: spelling
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

I'm watching the Barbara Walters special, and she just said that this was her last one. I wonder why...
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Crossing Guard, On the View, she's mentioned that she's tired after 29 years of doing it.
    Also, since there has been a preponderance of entertainment shows ( doing the same thing as she started out doing ) in the years since she's begun these shows, she feels she wants to end it on a high note.

ETA; Monique is giving TMI on herself on this special. I could have done without some of it.

The shaving of the legs part made me laugh, actually.

She's airing previous footage of her past shows. Uh, can I get the job? I would not be tired of traveling all over the world to talk to people about movies. That's like, my dream job: something to do with traveling and movies.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I gotta say, I hate the new format they have for presenting the Best actor and Actress awards. It just seems like they take forever with their little individual speeches for the nominees. Ugh!
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I'd take over the job in a heartbeat, too.

Bill Geddes, are you listening??

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;3850259;
    I gotta say, I hate the new format they have for presenting the Best actor and Actress awards. It just seems like they take forever with their little individual speeches for the nominees. Ugh!
    I don't know - for most of these folks its the highlight of their lives. Let 'em bask in the moment. What I like most about it is that even the "losers" go home with a moment of tribute on global television. I think it makes the whole crazy journey worthwhile, instead of anti-climatic.

Judy Garland used to tell the story of when she was nominated for best actress (Star is Born). She gave birth to her son the day before the ceremony and was still in the hospital, so they sent a TV crew to her room for the show. They set up all the lights and cameras so she could give her acceptance speech on live TV.

Then Grace Kelley won. The TV director turned to the grips and told them to strike the lights. Nobody said anything to Judy. Fifteen minutes later they were gone - it was just Judy and the nurse left in the room. Judy said it was a surreal moment to go from being the center of attention to... nothing.

This format gives each nominee their own little moment, so they don't go home empty-handed.

After the tribute to John Hughes, as the stars were walking offstage, one of them said "Well that was awkward" to which, Matthew Broderick replied "It was?" Did anyone else hear that?

+ Reply to Thread