+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Young Victoria

The Young Victoria

Very nice production of the early reign of Queen Victoria and romance and later marriage to Prince Albert. Wonderful film definitely deserves an A. I had to go see it in a local Cinema Arts film house. The director truly captures the feel of the early 1800's. The costumes are gorgeous and so are the sets. Many filmed on site in England. Emily Blount is amazing as the young Queen Victoria. Every one in the film is trying to manipulate and use the young Queen. Even her mother. Victoria's mother, the Duchess of Kent and her close adviser Lord Conroy, keep Victoria isolated from the court and other young children. They control what she reads, limit her contact to people, ideas and the outside world. It is very obvious that the Duchess of Kent and her adviser, Lord Conroy want to be the power behind the throne, going so far as the try to force the young queen to sign a document giving Lord Conroy the regency. I felt very angry for the young queen and just wanted to punch someone. Although the court is not the young queen's friend either and they also want to control her.

A beautiful film.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: The YOung Victoria

Totally agree, Bearcata. It's the first movie I've been to in a long time that I wished was longer. At the end, I was sad that it was over. It was wonderfully done, well acted, and the sets and costumes WERE magnificent.

A from me, too!
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Re: The Young Victoria

I LOVED this movie, it was gorgeous and it flowed really well, I though Emily Blount did a great job. The banquet scene had me rolling~
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Re: The Young Victoria

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3792030;
    I LOVED this movie, it was gorgeous and it flowed really well, I though Emily Blount did a great job. The banquet scene had me rolling~
    Watching that banquet scene had me thinking that my family get together's were never that bad. Thank You God.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread