+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sherlock Holmes

Re: Sherlock Holmes

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba-Jo-Lyn;3782621;
    Went to see it today. I enjoyed it but the Guy Ritchie quick cuts make my stomach queasy. Should be another franchise movie series for RDJ like Iron Man. It will be interesting to see who they cast as Moriarity for the sequel.
    Well I heard that one of Guy Ritchie's faves has signed on to play him. None other than
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Brad (making this space longer) Pitt
    . Should be fun!

I actually really enjoyed this movie. I'm not a huge Guy Ritchie fan, but he's toned down a little. RDJ is still a bizarrely quirky guy to the point where I cannot see what Irene sees in him. But I loved the cinematography... loved it.

Bearcata.... nearly a full "ditto" on your entire post. The only thing that I don't agree with is that it felt too long. I thought it moved along quite quickly for how long it was. It wasn't interminable.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3785769;
    Well I heard that one of Guy Ritchie's faves has signed on to play him. None other than
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Brad (making this space longer) Pitt
    . Should be fun!

I actually really enjoyed this movie. I'm not a huge Guy Ritchie fan, but he's toned down a little. RDJ is still a bizarrely quirky guy to the point where I cannot see what Irene sees in him. But I loved the cinematography... loved it.
    That casting for Moriarty could prove to be interesting!

I was disappointed when I heard this was a Guy Ritchie movie. His past movies are just all over the place and I have started avoiding movies with his name attached. I am planning to make an exception for this one, but I think I will be waiting for DVD because there are too many other movies out right now in the theater that I would rather see...

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3785940;
    That casting for Moriarty could prove to be interesting!

I was disappointed when I heard this was a Guy Ritchie movie. His past movies are just all over the place and I have started avoiding movies with his name attached. I am planning to make an exception for this one, but I think I will be waiting for DVD because there are too many other movies out right now in the theater that I would rather see...
    Guy Ritchie directed it but one of the producers really designed the movie and the look and feel of it. Hope that will help in overcoming your disgust at Guy Ritchie and go see the movie.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I agree with Bearcata. I found both of the two previous GR films nearly unbearable and don't think I finished either one. This one isn't overly recognizeable as a GR film at all.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12