+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Avatar

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Avatar

They are clunky heavy plastic things....not the cardboard and red and green Saran Wrap of our younger days.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00;3809919;
    so is 3d the imax version?
    do they give you glasses when you see it in 2d? do you keep the glasses afterward
    At our local theaters you can keep the glasses if you want to, but they have bins outside the theater that you can drop them in for recycling.

I believe the IMAX version is in 3D, but IMAX theaters have different screens than regular theaters so they are not the same thing as the regular 3D version you would see at a non-IMAX venue.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Is the IMAX screen just wider? I did notice during (an IMAX 3D showing of)some of the large group scenes...the gatherings...that there was stuff happening at the edges. Not that I focused on that much because the action was in the center, but there were interactions of "extras" that could have been cut to fit a smaller screen.
    I see Avatar still rules as # 1.

FORT Fogey

just got back from seeing it.
    Ok, the visual pretty much is the reason of the movie's success and i gotta give it to Cameron,great work but the story really was just OK.
    It took me about 10 mins to get used to the glasses

FORT Fogey

by the way, why do people believe this movie promotes paganism? i didn't get that

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00;3822758;
    by the way, why do people believe this movie promotes paganism? i didn't get that
    Because they worship Nature and not God.

They have a god - she's female. Do you remember the scene where he "connects" with the tree and talks to the deity about the upcoming battle and telling her to search the mind of the woman they tried and failed to "transfer" when she died?
    Count your blessings!

Yeah but not a "Christian God" a nature Mother Goddess type thing. Thats why they think it's pagan.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

If anyone's interested, there's a video interview with James Cameron where he discusses the rerelease of Avatar in August (with 6 min. of extra footage) as well as a little input on the sequels that will be filmed.

Today Show Video Player
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I watched this movie again over the weekend on DVD. The kids who hadn't already seen it enjoyed it a lot. My only complaint is that the movie is so long that it feels like an investment to watch!

+ Reply to Thread