+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Forty Worst Movies"

Re: "Forty Worst Movies"

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00;3809921;
    have you guys realised most of the movies on the list are comedy movies? why is that, the author doesn't have a sense of humor?
    Actually, 17 of the 40 are not comedies, which means that 57% are comedies. A majority, yet, but not a huge one and certainly not most of them.

I have seen White Chicks and Kicking it Old School (both on tv for free - under no circumstances would I go out of my way to see anything on this list), and yes, they are both dreadful. I am perplexed, however, to not see what I consider to be the worst film of all time on the list: Fear dot com. Absolutely foul piece of crap.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I, actually, like a few of the movies on the list! They fall into the category of "So bad, They're good". I also don't mind it when a small movie is stupid but HATE it when it's suppose to be a blockbuster and it stinks! Sometimes, when I'm expecting nothing, I end up being pleasantly surprised! "Popeye" is one movie that ALWAYS comes do (my) mind when I think of bad movies. Old ,yes, but I still remember the hype about that HORRIBLE movie. Robin Williams, Shelly Duvall! Perfect casting! Right? UGH! That movie was so slow and painful to watch! I would watch "Little Man" or "Envy" ANYDAY over that hot mess! I actually went to the theater, by myself, to see "Land of the Lost"! I knew that I wasn't going to see an "Academy Award Winning Movie" but it looked like it would be pretty cute! OMG! Soooooooo bad, Sooooooo boring! I fell asleep and was woken up by the man SNORING across the isle from me! The few funny moments were all in the ads! I don't think that, that movie made the list, did it? There are plenty of bad movies hanging around but I think that this list missed the mark on quite a few of them. I've never seen "Battleship Earth" (don't think that I need to ) that movie has been on every "list makers" list for 100 years!

Battleship Earth just happened to be on TV (the CW I think) yesterday. I've never seen it, but heard about how bad it's supposed to be, but figured I'd find out for myself. I've been know to like movies that the critics hate, & hate movies the critics love, so I figured "what the heck".
    I made it through the 1st 1/2 hour & found myself saying outloud (& I live alone) "this is stupid" "this is awful" "this is really bad" & many other similar comments. So I muted it & went into the laundry room to sort & start laundry. I came back about a half hour later out of morbid curiosity & made it about 15 minutes longer before I faced the fact that I was completely wasting my time.
    This movie really does deserve all the criticism it gets & more. It was DREADFUL! The plot, the characters, the acting, the pathetically awful lines, the chincy sets. I didn't know if they were trying to be serious - & failing, funny - & failing, profound - & failing miserably, or what.
    When I turned it off I didn't care at all about the characters, how it turned out, or anything except for the time I wasted that I could have been spending doing something else more fun.......like laundry.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Inglorious Basterds. I want my money back.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4105695;
    Glad I wasn't the only one to think so. Both of my sons raved about it, but imo, it was a clunker.

Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 1.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Agreed!!!!!!

LOL. I've never seen it, but my hubs has and said it was awful.

FORT Fanatic

I watched Funny People the other day and it was anything but funny. It was one of the worst movies I've ever seen and I had such high hopes for it. It was terrible, awful...a waste of 2.5 hours.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

This movie is a tough one for me. I LOVED scenes of it. For example, the opening scene and the one of the escapee Jewish girl meeting the "Nazi hunter" in the restaurant. I suppose it was Waltzs' (sp?) acting that made those scenes so great, but good directing helped.
    And then there were scenes I just wished would be over (the one in the club playing cards... ) I was so frustrated because it didn't have the suspense of the other scenes and it went on and on and on.... and on.
    Also, love him or hate him, Tarantino can be so self-indulgent I want to smack him. Not as pitifully self indulgent as James Cameron because Tarantino is so upfront about it. I think he has a better understanding of that part of himself.

Just once, I would like Tarantino to explore violence in it's reality. The stylized, over the top violence is what he is known for, but I would like him to have the cohonas to explore violence in a very honest way.

In the end, the positives of the film won out over the negatives, and I've grown to like it more as time has passed. Perhaps that is because the trademark Tarantinoisms and long drawn out scenes are fading... but I can't forget Waltzs' performance.

As for the top forty, I have seen none of them. for me, I guess!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast