+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Grease 3" In The Works...

"Grease 3" In The Works...

From CNN:

LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) -- Hoping "Grease" lightning can strike a third time, Paramount Pictures is drawing up plans for "Grease 3," a continuation of the hit musical franchise.

The plan is to set the new project in the late-'70s, feature plenty of disco music and have the story evolve around the children of the original characters. John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John, stars of the 1978 original, have already been given a heads-up that their services will be sought once a script is completed. A search for writers is underway.

Didi Conn, who played Frenchie, is serving as an executive producer. She is said to have been instrumental in generating the studio's current enthusiasm for putting together a new installment of the film.

At the studio's DVD release party for "Grease" in the fall, sources said Conn approached Paramount chief Sherry Lansing after Travolta and Newton-John wowed partygoers with the musical number "You're The One That I Want."

The original "Grease" spawned a sequel four years later, "Grease 2." Its failure was ascribed by some observers to the introduction of a new cast of characters, headed by Maxwell Caulfield and Michelle Pfeiffer.

In developing "Grease 3," the producers hope to avoid that problem by bringing back the old gang from the first installment while also introducing new characters.

Yeah, I remember Grease 2 being stupid. I can't imagine this one being good, but I guess we'll see...

Grease is one of my favorite movies. Grease 2 was rubbish & this one, i'm sure will be equally bad.

It's sensei time! Masai & Pygmie's Avatar
    ...sounds promising. Gotta be more fun than the Last Days of Disco. Don't get me wrong - that was a great movie. More than the end of disco...the end of an era, very depressing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake." -- Henry David Thoreau

I actually loved Grease 2. It was so bad, it was good.

And Michelle Pheiffer's embarrassingly bad rendition of 'Cool Rider' was one of the funniest parts.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Miss F, everytime I think of Grease 2, I start singing:

I wanna co-oo-oo-ool rider

Cracks me up

My feeling is that this COULD be a very good movie, it is just going to depend on the script/actors/directing etc (like every other movie eh?)
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

to both Cali and Miss F. Grease 2 is so bad it's good.

"We're gonna sco-o-ore tonight. We're gonna sco-o-ore toni-ight."

"Reproduction, reproduction...Baby, give it to me now."

"Who-o-o...who's that guy?"

And, like y'all said, "Cool Rider" is a classic. Michelle must be oh so proud of that one these days.

I forgot Reproduction.

And I loved We're gonna Scooooooooooore tonight... in the bowling alley.

Maxwell Caulfield was so cute in that movie, but anytime I hear anyone describe an actor as 'wooden' I think of him.

Wasn't there a luau at the end of that movie? Man, I should rent that movie.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

i liked We're gonna Scooooooooooore tonight as well , & A girl for all seasons...the songs weren t so bad. Let's see how Grease 3 turns out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast