+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Twilight: Eclipse

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Re: Twilight: Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;4128319;
    Can someone tell me how many new actors were in this film..Im pretty sure they switched on these characters:

Jasper (who I (I think) really liked before but the new dude was okay) Same guy but wearing a wig so he looks different. I loved his hair in Twilight...the wig, not at all!
    Victoria (the other chick was way better--this one kinda looked like a sweet girl who just went bad instead of the crazy, mean nutbag) New because the original Victoria signed a deal for a diff. movie to be filmed concurrently with Eclipse and the producers didn't like that so they got Little Opie Cunningham's daughter instead
    Rosalie (again, not sure on this one, but I remember her being prettier and a bit "harsher") Same actress - also wearing a wig (as she did in New Moon)
    Esme (another unsure but this one didnt look as great as I remembered either) Same Esme but unlike the others, she's NOT wearing a wig this time (she did in Twilight)

Maybe the new contacts are throwing you off? They're really bright in this movie.

Someone mentioned upthread that they have a problem with Bella's convenient vampire ability (deus ex machina). Overall, I have always had a problem with her character in general (and I have an even larger problem with the way the movies and KS present the character because I find it very different from the books but oh well). Back to the topic:
    First, she just happens to be the only human gal on planet earth who is immune to Edwards little mind-reading trick. Second, her blood is magically delicious like freaking lucky charms--and/or smells more amazing than any other warm-blooded mammal...AND it makes ALL vamps go wild. Third, she just happens to be able to resist all vamp powers--and she can share via a magic bubble. Seriously?

They actually said that there were other shields like Bella but they were very rare. If Edward actually traveled the world, I'm sure he would've come across more of them. I believe Eleazar, who once worked for the Volturi b/c his power was figuring out the powers of others, actually said all of this [that they're very rare but others are out there] in Breaking Dawn.

And I thought SM explained away the scent of her blood when Edward described how Emmett had slipped twice and killed 2 women because of the scents of their blood. Some people's blood just smells better than others, I guess. For your last question, same as the first--she's not the only one but she's the only one they've met.

We watched Eclipse last night with just the commentary and KS and RP had us cracking up. They weren't as funny as in Twilight but funny just the same. From all of KS's comments, I gathered that RP isn't a big fan of Bella's AT ALL. Stephenie Meyer also has commentary on the DVD so we'll listen to that next. I'm really looking forward to hearing what she has to say about the Jacob/Bella/Edward triangle.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;4128319;
    Can someone tell me how many new actors were in this film..Im pretty sure they switched on these characters:
    Jasper (who I (I think) really liked before but the new dude was okay)
    Victoria (the other chick was way better--this one kinda looked like a sweet girl who just went bad instead of the crazy, mean nutbag)
    Rosalie (again, not sure on this one, but I remember her being prettier and a bit "harsher")
    Esme (another unsure but this one didnt look as great as I remembered either)

Im really not happy that they changed the characters so much...it kinda felt like a different movie outside of the series to me. And if Dakota Fanning keeps growing up they are going to have a hard time selling her as the mind-bending kid vamp.

Someone mentioned upthread that they have a problem with Bella's convenient vampire ability (deus ex machina). Overall, I have always had a problem with her character in general (and I have an even larger problem with the way the movies and KS present the character because I find it very different from the books but oh well). Back to the topic:
    First, she just happens to be the only human gal on planet earth who is immune to Edwards little mind-reading trick. Second, her blood is magically delicious like freaking lucky charms--and/or smells more amazing than any other warm-blooded mammal...AND it makes ALL vamps go wild. Third, she just happens to be able to resist all vamp powers--and she can share via a magic bubble. Seriously?
    at the bolded part

All the actors were the same apart from the one playing Victoria.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

CCL and CANTSTOP, thanks! I cant get over that these people are the same. I am in absolute shock! They looked so different! I only rented the movies so I cant go back (and I read the books two years ago!) and look again but I would have sworn that Jasper and Rosalie were different actors--didnt Jasper have dark hair in the first film (maybe?)? And I remember Rosalie being ridiculously pretty (like she was described in the books) and this time...ehh, not so much. Are the wigs that bad!?!

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;4128972;
    CCL and CANTSTOP, thanks! I cant get over that these people are the same. I am in absolute shock! They looked so different! I only rented the movies so I cant go back (and I read the books two years ago!) and look again but I would have sworn that Jasper and Rosalie were different actors--didnt Jasper have dark hair in the first film (maybe?)? And I remember Rosalie being ridiculously pretty (like she was described in the books) and this time...ehh, not so much. Are the wigs that bad!?!
    For the first one, the actress playing Rosalie dyed her hair. For the other movies, she wore a wig. I think it made a huge difference. And Jasper has always been a 'dirty blonde'. But those wigs were horrible. I know some celebs wear them and you can't tell most of the time. Whoever they hired for their hair stylist was horrid. I'm not a fan of the change to Alice's hair, either. It was too 'soccer mom-ish' for the pixie.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;4128972;
    ITA--I loooooved Jasper's hair in Twilight--it looked so good long and gelled. Then he hit New Moon and yuck! I guess I'm okay with Rosalie's b/c her roots really annoyed me in Twilight. The report was the actress was losing her hair from the constant bleaching, so I can't blame her for asking for the wig. It still sucked though.

In Eclipse, Kristen Stewart wore a wig because her hair was still really short and black since she'd just finished filming her Joan Jett movie. During her and Rob's commentary, she kept commenting on how much she hated that wig. And at one point, Rob made fun of Peter Facinelli (Carlisle)'s wig and said if you turned it upside-down, it could be used as a salad bowl. It was hilarious! There were a few more comments made...so suffice to say, the actors aren't crazy about them either.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

PWS
    FORT Fogey

R. Pattinson is about to be on Leno, for any fans out there.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    R. Pattinson is about to be on Leno, for any fans out there.
    R. Patterson seems to be kinda nasty to and about his fans and I just saw an interview the other day about how happy he was finished with the Twilight movies..those movies have made him a star and yet I don't know how to explain it ...just seems like he has his nose in the air and just thinks he is better than anyone else and he doesn't need to stoop to his fans..what he doesn't seem to know or understand is its the fans that made him so popular and much more of that attitude the fans can make things go downward for him just as quick as they went upward
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    R. Patterson seems to be kinda nasty to and about his fans and I just saw an interview the other day about how happy he was finished with the Twilight movies..those movies have made him a star and yet I don't know how to explain it ...just seems like he has his nose in the air and just thinks he is better than anyone else and he doesn't need to stoop to his fans..what he doesn't seem to know or understand is its the fans that made him so popular and much more of that attitude the fans can make things go downward for him just as quick as they went upward
    I actually get the exact opposite vibe from him. Everything I have seen he is very nice and gracious. However, based on some of the stories I have heard, I think there is a difference between fans and obsessed nuts. Some people can go way overboard and I would think that would be difficult for anyone to deal with. I have heard stories of people getting family's unlisted phone numbers, posting them on the web and fans calling at all hours of the day and night. To me, that is completely inappropriate. I also heard recently that someone broke into the production company's computers and stole footage of Breaking Dawn and posted it on the web. Again, not cool. I have heard Rob come out vocally about that -but I agree with what he has said completely. So while I think he is very gracious towards fans, I think he is still a person and there are some things that are off limits.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    For starters, he seems pretty shy, so I'm sure all the attention makes him a little bit uncomfortable to begin with. Then add the sheer amount (of fans and crazy) to that and I don't fault him for not being too giddy about all the attention. Even Justin Bieber has commented that it's not always fun to have that many unruly fans within arms reach. It's kind of scary, I imagine.

I've always thought he seemed pretty gracious towards his fans. It's the zealous ones that he's not so keen about. Pretty sure the guy can't really go anywhere without getting mobbed. That would make me grumpy.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678