+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Twilight: Eclipse

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Twilight: Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3958072;
    I'm really happy to read these great early reviews!!

I sure hope not! I live near a smaller city and I'm pretty confident that we will be able to hit an early showing mid-week and not have much of a crowd. I have to go early enough that I can still catch it on the Mega Screen!!
    I don't know... look at all the people here who plan to go back again with family and again with friends, etc., and we aren't even (mostly) 14! Good luck though, and let me know how it goes... I may go sooner if it works for you!

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Saw it, loved it! Can't wait to go back again this weekend. David Slade really got the Edward/Bella romance right. They were so sweet and playful and loving with each other! Taylor did a great job playing the hurt best friend and rejected boyfriend.

The tent scene was amazing! Loved the Edward/Jacob dialogue. Overall, I was very pleased.

Oh, the newborns are bad ass, Riley was incredible, the fight scenes, fantastic!

I went with a friend yesterday and was very pleased. Even though we went to the first available matinee and got our tickets before we went to an early lunch in fear of it being sold out, the theater wasn't full. They're showing it in two venues at staggered times all day starting at 12:45, so that's probably why. We did have a few annoying teens, but not bad. I loved the tent scene as well. I'm just not buying Dakota Fanning as Jane, though.
    Count your blessings!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Saw it yesterday and was so relieved/happy at how it turned out. Loved the meadow fight scene--totally kicked a$$!!

Thought it was great...though I noticed the chemistry between RP & KS was a little "off" -- did anyone else see that?? It was almost like KS was embarrassed to be kissing him. They had more zing to their chemistry in the 1st movie when they weren't together yet (or not together, depending on who you believe...)

I did have 1 thing I was ticked off about - at NO point was Edward ever in danger of losing to Victoria. I didn't like how they implied he might lose. And I didn't like how they didn't show the camraderie between Edward and Seth. I wanted to see the fist bump.

And I was also hoping that we'd see Jasper & Alice's first sight of each other. Ah well...can't win them all, I guess. But I'm definitely happy with what I got to see!!

ETA: Closetwatcher, come see it near me -- our theater has it in 4 theaters so the 1 we were in was nice and empty. That being said, DH & I couldn't for the life of us figure out why 2 teeny boppers sat right next to him -- they had a whole theater of seats to choose from.
    Last edited by cantstopwatchin; 07-02-2010 at 07:06 PM.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

i went yesterday at 2:20 and our theater wasn't crowded at all

this is my favorite twilight movie so far, i really enjoyed the book as well, though i still think the three main characters are not very good with the acting, they just seemed to stiff

onto breaking dawn next, though I am not looking forward to it--hated that book

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by snickers;3961523;
    i went yesterday at 2:20 and our theater wasn't crowded at all

this is my favorite twilight movie so far, i really enjoyed the book as well, though i still think the three main characters are not very good with the acting, they just seemed to stiff

onto breaking dawn next, though I am not looking forward to it--hated that book
    My least favorite also, but then I'm on team Jacob and it made him practically into a zombie.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Bad enough Bella doesn't pick him, but instead he's in love with her fetus
    ... ugh.... Put that in spoilers on the off chance that there's someone out there who is only watching the movies and hasn't read the books, this being the movie thread and all. If you have feel free to read what I wrote. Plus Bella's miraculous powers were too deus ex machina for me... and I didn't even like the kid. Yes, creative ending and it was always obvious the vamp would win over the wolf, but I wish it could have been done without eliminating Jacob's character/personality.

Went yesterday to see The Last Airbender. The theater we were supposed to see the movie was closed for 30 minutes or more cause they had just shown Eclipse and all the young girls had left a really bad mess and it took the ushers forever to clean the theater for the next seating. I asked the manager about it. It seemed she was a bit exasperated with the younger Twihards. The ushers did mention that Thursday was worse than the Friday night crowds. With all that going on our movie started about 15 minutes late.

Oh...this was in Manassas, VA. We are part of the Northern Virginia, Washington DC metro area.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I'm going tonight, can't wait!
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

I have read that the critics are giving Eclipse some very good reviews. That the director knows how to create tension and uses the secondary characters very well. That more men are attending, it used to be that the main audience was 80 percent female and it is now 65 percent female.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3963364;
    I have read that the critics are giving Eclipse some very good reviews. That the director knows how to create tension and uses the secondary characters very well. That more men are attending, it used to be that the main audience was 80 percent female and it is now 65 percent female.
    Speculation is that it's due to battle scenes... Sexist speculation...maybe they, too, want to see the "tent" scene, but possibly accurate.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast