+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Twilight: Eclipse

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Re: Twilight: Eclipse

Have fun you midnight ticket holders. Can't wait to hear all about it! I'm not going until Thursday.

I'm waiting a couple of weeks. As much as I am looking forward to it, I cannot stand crowded movie theaters!!!

I went to see it with my kids tonight. Since I have not read the books, I'm pretty much in the dark as to what happens...or is supposed to happen.

This one was definitely more action-filled, and some of it is not meant for young viewers, IMO. But kids these days see way too much graphic violence/sex/language so what do I know.

Anyway...it was good, but not my favorite of the series as of yet. Lots more character development, which I liked. Jasper and Rosalie were more likable.

I think my waivering between teams Jacob and Edward is over.
    I am a proud member of "Team Jacob" which is totally appalling to my daughter, the family Twilight fanatic.

Just got home! This is my favorite book in the series and the movie did not disappoint. I loved it.

The make-up, hair and acting were all much MUCH better in this film. The wolves were much improved, as well. I was very surprised by KStew....she barely stuttered at all...lol. There were some very funny parts and most of them were the result of a one line delivered by Charlie (who is one of my favorite characters).

Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed it and wouldn't mind seeing this one again.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I really enjoyed this movie and will not mind going again with the hubby who missed it (even though he tells his friends he only goes because I want to, HA!) I thought RP and TL did really well as the snarling, posturing boys fighting for the girl and KS only gets better (or less annoying anyway) as Bella and after this one I have more faith than I did that they can all pull off Breaking Dawn.

I was greatly relieved that the tent scene was as good as it was. It is my favorite scene in the series and I was not disappointed. One thing that did disappoint me was a missing line. I'm hoping I just missed it due to screaming children in the theater, but I didn't hear the "May the best man win" "That sounds about right...pup" line.

I do have to say, Charlie stole the show this time around!
    Wag more, bark less

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, no surprise, my local paper reviewer panned it (although did say the TL continued to be the "most natural" actor among this "stiff" group, so kind of a back handed compliment). I think this movie is completely reviewer proof though.
    ClosetRTW, if you want an uncrowded theater I think you may have to wait until Sept. and go to a matinee!

Saw it at midnight last night... Eclipse is my favorite book so I prepared myself for impending doom in case the movie stunk... Well it didn't. It was fantastic. I really think those who hate the movie, yet again most likely have not read the series. I really think reading the series and then seeing the movies, only enhances the whole experience... Although I hated the first movie, I have grown to accept it as it is and move on. David Slade did an amazing job, the fight scenes, the romance etc. it was all that I hoped for and more... Truly this movie is the best one as of yet. I plan on seeing it at least twice more with my mom, sister and then maybe another group of friends. My boyfriend loved it and he only likes movies with gore and flesh eating viruses...
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

I agree...the director did an amazing job.

Jamie, you did not miss it. It was omitted And I agree once again, Charlie did steal the scenes he was in. He's one of my favorite characters and he had the best one-liners! His delivery is spot on, too.

I don't know where you guys go to watch the movies at but the theater where I go, they have the manager come in and basically threaten everyone that if there is a cell phone out or an excessive amount of noise and chatter, they will be asked to leave. With the exception of laughter at the funny bits and an occasional "ooh" and "ahh" and "awww" during the sweet parts, you could hear a pin drop in there. None of the kiddies want to be booted from this movie! :nono For BD, ya'll need to go with me...lol
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I'm really happy to read these great early reviews!!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3957287;
    ClosetRTW, if you want an uncrowded theater I think you may have to wait until Sept. and go to a matinee!
    I sure hope not! I live near a smaller city and I'm pretty confident that we will be able to hit an early showing mid-week and not have much of a crowd. I have to go early enough that I can still catch it on the Mega Screen!!

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Thanks for the reviews! I have my tickets for tomorrow, can't wait! I'm feel pretty confident I'll enjoy it. Like many here, Eclipse was my favorite book. Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast