+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Twilight: Eclipse

Re: Twilight: Eclipse

Heads up, Twihards...the cast is on Oprah today, according to my listings. Pattinson, Stewart, Lautner, and I think one more. My kids have a half-day today, will be home by 12:30, and my oldest is so excited to get home in time to watch it you'd think it was her birthday. And as a matter of fact, today is Robert Pattinson's birthday, according to my local news. (It's also Dennis Rodman's & Stephen Colbert's b'day, quite an interesting and eclectic group of celebs celebrating today. )
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I sooo want to see this movie. Eclipse was also my favorite book & I can't wait to see what David Slade did. 30 Days of Night scared the hell out of me! ... so I have a lot of hope for the battle scene.. it will probably be epic!

But I must say that I really liked the work Chris Weitz did on New Moon. I thought that he stuck much closer to the books story line that Catherine Hardwicke did with Twilight, and the picture itself was just better.. she had that strange greyish color all the time. New Moon had a lot more color, which was nice to see.

Does anyone know if they will get the same actor who played Aro in New Moon, back for Eclipse? I thought he was great!
    ~Supernatural Addict~

Quote Originally Posted by TV_Junkie;3909622;
    I sooo want to see this movie. Eclipse was also my favorite book & I can't wait to see what David Slade did. 30 Days of Night scared the hell out of me! ... so I have a lot of hope for the battle scene.. it will probably be epic!

But I must say that I really liked the work Chris Weitz did on New Moon. I thought that he stuck much closer to the books story line that Catherine Hardwicke did with Twilight, and the picture itself was just better.. she had that strange greyish color all the time. New Moon had a lot more color, which was nice to see.

Does anyone know if they will get the same actor who played Aro in New Moon, back for Eclipse? I thought he was great!
    A friend in my area just said two different movie theaters are already selling tickets to the movie. Actually both are showing Twilight and New Moon before showing Eclipse. She is going to all 3 (even though she owns both the other two and knows paying for them is a little obssesive). She said it starts around 6 pm, so she figures she'll be at the theater for about 8 hours that day. Anyhow, that may be something to look into if you are excited to see it.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TV_Junkie;3909622;
    I highly doubt there will be anyone else playing Aro other than Michael Sheen. He said his daughter is a HUGE Twilight fan so I don't see him not being in any movies. I'm not sure, though, whether he'll be in the Eclipse movie, though--Aro isn't in the book at all. Not that they couldn't have written any scenes with him in Italy, but I think only Jane, Alec, Demetri, and Felix.

I'm keeping everything crossed that the movie will live up to the book. Not sure when to buy movie tickets, though, as I don't know that I'll have the patience to watch it with a bunch of teeny boppers. What to do, what to do...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3910294;
    I highly doubt there will be anyone else playing Aro other than Michael Sheen. He said his daughter is a HUGE Twilight fan so I don't see him not being in any movies. I'm not sure, though, whether he'll be in the Eclipse movie, though--Aro isn't in the book at all. Not that they couldn't have written any scenes with him in Italy, but I think only Jane, Alec, Demetri, and Felix.
    imdb also doesn't list Aro as a character in Eclipse.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Looks like Eclipse directed by David Slade is getting some early good reviews by some heavy hitters. Great news. It opens on June 30th. I'm looking forward to it!

The Hollywood Reporter
    Bottom Line: The teen vampire series finally hits its stride with an entertaining mix of romance and action fantasy.
    The Twilight Saga: Eclipse -- Film Review

Variety
    The pleasant surprise this time around is that the result finally feels more like the blockbuster this top-earning franchise deserves. Employing a bigger budget, better effects and an edgier director ("Hard Candy's" David Slade), "Eclipse" focuses on what works -- the stars -- even as the series' parent-friendly abstinence message begins to unravel. Summer release should reap Summit's biggest yield yet.
    The Twilight Saga: Eclipse Movie Review - Read Variety's Analysis Of The Film The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;3953480;
    Looks like Eclipse directed by David Slade is getting some early good reviews by some heavy hitters. Great news. It opens on June 30th. I'm looking forward to it!

The Hollywood Reporter
    Bottom Line: The teen vampire series finally hits its stride with an entertaining mix of romance and action fantasy.
    The Twilight Saga: Eclipse -- Film Review

Variety
    The pleasant surprise this time around is that the result finally feels more like the blockbuster this top-earning franchise deserves. Employing a bigger budget, better effects and an edgier director ("Hard Candy's" David Slade), "Eclipse" focuses on what works -- the stars -- even as the series' parent-friendly abstinence message begins to unravel. Summer release should reap Summit's biggest yield yet.
    The Twilight Saga: Eclipse Movie Review - Read Variety's Analysis Of The Film The Twilight Saga: Eclipse
    Wow... the responses to the first review really disagree with it... I'm not sure if they are just uberfans of the book and dislike any digression plus Pattinson fanatics, but they really seem to hate both the screenwriter and Taylor (for the most part).

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

The current number for Eclipse, the third movie in the Twilight Saga franchise opening Wednesday is 4,416 theaters in North America. That passes Iron Man 2 which scored 4,380 venues. No word yet on the number of locations screening the film at 12:01 AM tomorrow

FIRST RECORD: ‘Eclipse’ Opens To Biggest Domestic Release In Hollywood History – Deadline.com

I admit it...I bought my tickets and will be seated in the theater at Midnight...lol
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I purchased tickets for a midnight showing several weeks ago... Glad I did because all the midnight showings within a 15 mile radius are sold out. Cannot wait.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast