+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Twilight: Eclipse

Re: Twilight: Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by skyocean;3788119;
    robert pattinson stepped on my foot walking down asle
    w00t! You had a brush with celebrity!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3788571;
    No, never thought that once. Once Edward came back, there was never any indecision with her (at least to me). She even said that she knew what losing him once felt like and she never wanted to feel that way again. Compare that to the multiple times she told Jacob they were nothing more than friends (even when Edward was gone) but he would never listen to her. [One of the reasons I dislike Jacob so much!]
    I figured she would end up with Edward, but there was definitely a question in my mind about who it would be in the end. I thought in Eclipse she was in denial about her feelings for Jacob and I still do. She definitely had feelings for him, in the end they just couldn't match her feelings for Edward. I didn't blame Jacob for being frustrated because he knew if Edward hadn't come back, Bella would have ended up with him.

Note: I feel like a dork talking about these characters like I know them personally...

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3788571;
    No, never thought that once. Once Edward came back, there was never any indecision with her (at least to me). She even said that she knew what losing him once felt like and she never wanted to feel that way again. Compare that to the multiple times she told Jacob they were nothing more than friends (even when Edward was gone) but he would never listen to her. [One of the reasons I dislike Jacob so much!]

On a different site, I read a post by someone (ironically named Steph--or maybe not!) and she described the Edward/Bella/Jacob situation as this -- imagine you're married and your husband, your soulmate, dies. You mourn his loss and, eventually, move on and fall in love with someone else. In your heart, you know this second person can never take the place of your husband, so this makes your second love different. It's love...but it's not the same love. Then, imagine that, miraculously, your first husband didn't die. He's back! So now you love 2 men; however, the love you have for your first outshines that which you feel for the second. So that makes your final choice a bit harder...but, in your heart, you've always known who was your 'true' love. [Sorry, I read that a long time ago and she wrote it much better but I hope you get the gist.]

Anyway, after reading that I understood Bella a little better. But, no, I have never felt that she ever considered Jacob after Edward came back. Yes, if he hadn't returned, she probably would've settled for him and would've been happy but it wouldn't have been the same as what she felt with Edward.

Regarding the second bolded part -- Edward knew that humans reacted to vampires and he said he would always give her a choice. It was probably in Midnight Sun (not sure if you've read that) but he distinctly says that Bella will always be the one calling the shots and that he would leave at any point, if she told him to.
    Good points. I think the key is that Bella would've settled for Jacob. Lots of people settle; settling is not always a bad thing, and Jacob is certainly not a bad person to settle for. But he is not the same league as Edward for Bella.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I just watched the new teaser trailer. It's only 10 SECONDS, WTH?? I know it's a 'teaser', but that's just not fair!

Twilight Eclipse Trailer: WATCH Preview Released By Summit Entertainment (VIDEO)

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

I saw it this morning too. I loved it. As Eclipse is many fans favorite book, I hope it's a great movie.

Just saw the 90 second trailer. ohhhhhhh I can't wait till June. I liked how they left it simple. Whereas in the New Moon trailer, I felt they gave too much away... The anticipation is killing me.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Realitychick;3852753;
    Just saw the 90 second trailer. ohhhhhhh I can't wait till June. I liked how they left it simple. Whereas in the New Moon trailer, I felt they gave too much away... The anticipation is killing me.
    I just saw it too, YAY!!!! I got goosebumps (yes, I'm a dork). Can't wait till the end of June!!!

I loved the trailer. Edward is fierce and determined in this. And, I like the interchange between Edward and Jacob. This is going to be so good!

Liked that they didn't give too much away with the trailer.

Just wanted to post to see if anyone else read the recent interview with Chris Weitz, who I think saw an early screening of Eclipse (or scenes or something). In particular, he was talking about the "tent scene" and how steamy it was with Jacob in the sleeping bag with Bella. Not that it gives much away we don't already know - I was just really happy to have the confirmation that that scene is going to be in the movie - and hopefully true to the book. I agree with whoever else said the chapter "Fire and Ice" is one of my favorites in Eclipse and I was/am really hoping that chapter is in the movie - and is true to the book!

The new Eclipse trailer! WOW! This looks so good. I'm very excited!

Worldwide Premiere - Watch The Twilight Saga Eclipse Trailer - Video - Oprah.com

Rob, Kristen, Jacob and Dakota will be on Oprah May 13, promoting Eclipse. Enjoy!

Looks fantastic. Tons of action... My God I cannot wait.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast