+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Twilight: Eclipse

Re: Twilight: Eclipse

Wow. Rob looks really good in that photo.

And you are right..it was Summit, not the director.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;3760850;
    Along with what JavaJo said, I read it was a money issue as well. Rachel was due for a big raise as Victoria is a central lead in Eclipse. So with the scheduling conflict, Summit fired her. Chris Weitz had nothing to do with that decision.
    Chris Weitz is not directing Eclipse so he wouldn't have been involved in the casting decision either way. It's a shame that Rachelle Lefevre was replaced as I quite liked her as Victoria. Bryce Dallas Howard is a fine actress but I would have preferred them to keep the original actress.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

David Slade, the director of Eclipse tweets. I found these on another board, I don't tweet, don't know his address.

As we cut. Edward seems to be a really strong presence, the intensity of the love story & rivalry between Jacob is in the driving seat. 16 minutes ago from web

Jacob & Bella are matching with intensity, & it's all even with the action sequences. Right now we are in a great state of balance.

16 minutes ago from web

Wolf reviews today, looking better & better. The Eclipse story and they way we approached the film calls for a much more realistic approach.

Been quite a week, we almost have our composer, all fingers crossed for some great news soon.

Still we have 200 days to go.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;3766681;
    David Slade, the director of Eclipse tweets. I found these on another board, I don't tweet, don't know his address.
    Thanks for the tweets but I admit, I find them discouraging. Jacob's relationship with Bella was never on a level playing field with the one she shared with Edward. There was never a question of who she wanted to be with, even when she shared the kiss with Jacob before the fight. I was really afraid they were going to ruin Eclipse...and now I'm afraid they may have.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

They just better get the "Fire and Ice" chapter scene right because it was definitely my favorite chapter in the book!
    Last edited by KrazeeKy07; 12-13-2009 at 12:45 PM.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

I would really like to see a trailer for this movie. Doesn't it seem like one should be released soon? All of the fan made trailers floating around are just ridiculous. Why on earth would I want to see a fake trailer made up from bits of the previous films...??

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3786792;
    I would really like to see a trailer for this movie. Doesn't it seem like one should be released soon? All of the fan made trailers floating around are just ridiculous. Why on earth would I want to see a fake trailer made up from bits of the previous films...??
    It should be coming soon... The New Moon trailer came out around 6 months before the movie. So I would assume that hopefully sometime this month or Feb. we should start seeing something, since the movie comes out in June. I heard a rumor that the trailer will be shown exclusively before Rob's new movie "Remember Me" which comes out in Feb.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3786792;
    hey i made a breaking dawn trailer using sims 3...no old clips for me!
    here's youtube link if u wanna see it

YouTube - Renesmee Cullen is Born!

Prob some normal date when trailers are released. Like 4 months before movie comes out? I dunno. But I go to comic com every year and have been to the twilight panels 2 years in a row...I'm sure if Eclipse comes out June 30th the comic con panel in July this year will have some clip from breaking dawn? they have had clips of up coming movies every year so far - plus main cast members... i got tickets to the screenings with cast last year... robert pattinson stepped on my foot walking down asle

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3766772;
    Thanks for the tweets but I admit, I find them discouraging. Jacob's relationship with Bella was never on a level playing field with the one she shared with Edward. There was never a question of who she wanted to be with, even when she shared the kiss with Jacob before the fight. I was really afraid they were going to ruin Eclipse...and now I'm afraid they may have.
    When Edward left Bella (and Bella thought this was forever) seemed to me she decided to be with Jacob. That's how the story seemed to me. Then when Edward told her he was back...Bella was like "huh...." shocked. In her mind, she had already decided to be with Jacob. Don't you think she is a little conflicted in parts of the books about who she wants to be with? The other thing is vampires have this unresistable thing..a power over mortals... so when Edwards around...yea Bella has no choice, but then when he was gone, she was ready to settle down with Jacob seemed to me.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyocean;3788123;
    When Edward left Bella (and Bella thought this was forever) seemed to me she decided to be with Jacob. That's how the story seemed to me. Then when Edward told her he was back...Bella was like "huh...." shocked. In her mind, she had already decided to be with Jacob. Don't you think she is a little conflicted in parts of the books about who she wants to be with? The other thing is vampires have this unresistable thing..a power over mortals... so when Edwards around...yea Bella has no choice, but then when he was gone, she was ready to settle down with Jacob seemed to me.
    No, never thought that once. Once Edward came back, there was never any indecision with her (at least to me). She even said that she knew what losing him once felt like and she never wanted to feel that way again. Compare that to the multiple times she told Jacob they were nothing more than friends (even when Edward was gone) but he would never listen to her. [One of the reasons I dislike Jacob so much!]

On a different site, I read a post by someone (ironically named Steph--or maybe not!) and she described the Edward/Bella/Jacob situation as this -- imagine you're married and your husband, your soulmate, dies. You mourn his loss and, eventually, move on and fall in love with someone else. In your heart, you know this second person can never take the place of your husband, so this makes your second love different. It's love...but it's not the same love. Then, imagine that, miraculously, your first husband didn't die. He's back! So now you love 2 men; however, the love you have for your first outshines that which you feel for the second. So that makes your final choice a bit harder...but, in your heart, you've always known who was your 'true' love. [Sorry, I read that a long time ago and she wrote it much better but I hope you get the gist.]

Anyway, after reading that I understood Bella a little better. But, no, I have never felt that she ever considered Jacob after Edward came back. Yes, if he hadn't returned, she probably would've settled for him and would've been happy but it wouldn't have been the same as what she felt with Edward.

Regarding the second bolded part -- Edward knew that humans reacted to vampires and he said he would always give her a choice. It was probably in Midnight Sun (not sure if you've read that) but he distinctly says that Bella will always be the one calling the shots and that he would leave at any point, if she told him to.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast