+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Blind Side

Re: The Blind Side

Good movie. It was a little cheesy at times though. But it was still an enjoyable movie.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I just finished watching the movie and I loved it, it had me in tears more than once but I think that's because I knew it was a real person's life and not just the fabrication of a writer. I LOVED seeing the actual pictures of the family at the end of the film. I think it was my favourite part.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Tonight on 20/20:

20/20 - The Blind Side: The Real Story Behind the Movie - Yahoo! TV

Episode Description
    Originally Aired: December 29, 2009

The real-life story of Michael Oher's journey from the projects to the National Football League, which was the basis for the movie ``The Blind Side ; features interviews with Oher and members of his family; actors Sandra Bullock and Tim McGraw.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

We FINALLY got to go see The Blind Side yesterday. Thoroughly and completely loved it. Just wanted to grab that little SJ and bring him home.

Were there parts that were unbelievable? Sure. I'm not thinking that scene where Leigh Anne went back to the projects and threatened those guys really happened.

But what I do believe was real was the Tuoy's love for Michael. Having seen the real family on 20/20, I was impressed by how closely Sandra Bullock seemed to be able to represent Leigh Anne's looks, personality, and exemplification of how a Christian ought to live.

Thumbs up from hubby and me!
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

I went last night with some people from work. We all loved it. What a nice, touching movie.
    Wake up and be awesome

Another one who caught this late. Saw it on friday, finally gave in to all of the hype. Loved it, and I agree with the poster who said knowing it was a true story added an element to the experience.

Just saw this and I loved it. Wonderful movie.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

i love that movie now i want to see again. i am going to buy it so i can watch it over and over

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Michael Oher

For those who don't know, Michael was the subject of the movie The Blind Side and the book The Blind Side: Evolution of a Game by Michael Lewis. He is currently an offensive tackle for the Baltimore Ravens, a 2009 first draft pick from the University of Mississippi ("Ole Miss") where he made Dean's List twice.

Neither effort (cinematic or literary) adequately told his story (in my opinion). The family who adopted him are amazing, but every step of his journey to the NFL was undertaken by him. The work was his. They enabled and supported his effort with great dedication and love. But he did the work!

The Blind Side did not portray this well. No one achieves what Michael Oher achieved without great spirit/heart/will/soul/mind. His story comes out in February. I Beat the Odds: From Foster Care to the NFL and Beyond. I'm getting a copy for every school library in my county - without having read it in advance. This young man is one of my personal heroes and I cannot wait to read his own story.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12