+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)

A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)

I have mixed feelings about this re-work of A Nightmare On Elm Street produced by Michael Bay. This was probably my favorite series of horror flicks as a kid (the first 3 or 4 anyway). It wasn't what I would call scary, it was more campy/ridiculous/funny. I would hate for it to lose its humor! Also, I cannot imagine anyone other than Robert Englund as Freddy. I'll probably watch, but I will be skeptical.

Re: A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)

I saw a trailer for it, it actually looked likd it would be good. But trailers usually do that and once you see the film it totally sucks. Robert England will always be Freddy, but I'll give the new guy a chance.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY???? ??????

Oh wait I know - the other crappy remakes of good horror flicks have made some money so this was obviously next on the block. I swear, this is like the rumor of the Karate Kid remake starring Jackie Chan as Mr. Miyagi. Just wrong.

Robert Englund = Freddy. That is All.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

this is my favorite horror series as well

i saw the trailer, looks pretty much like they just re-made the original movie, they should have used Robert Englund if they were gonna do that

i'll probably wait for video

FORT Fogey

I completely love horror movies, and Nightmare on Elm Street was by far my least favorite series. I never thought any one of them was any good. I am hoping that the remake may just be good, but so far none of them have been so I am not too positive about it.

I like it too, and i have got Nightmare on Elm Street 1-8.

FORT Newbie

I can't wait~!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Now I know Robert Englund is cannon and "the" Freddy, but I'm excited to see what kind of pathos Jackie Earle Haley can bring to the table as Freddy. For me, he was the only reason to see Watchmen. The early pics of Freddy as a burn victim--and less cartoon-y--really grabbed my attention.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;3744467;
    Now I know Robert Englund is cannon and "the" Freddy, but I'm excited to see what kind of pathos Jackie Earle Haley can bring to the table as Freddy. For me, he was the only reason to see Watchmen. The early pics of Freddy as a burn victim--and less cartoon-y--really grabbed my attention.
    In the previews he looked like he could actually inspire fear as Freddy. Robert Englund's Freddy was always kind of campy and ridiculous at some level. This guy seemed like a more serious and scary Freddy. It could give an entirely different feel to the story. I'll have to see if before I decide if I like that aspect or not...

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I wondered how long it would be before they re-made this, considering they've re-done Friday the 13th and Halloween. It bugs me that even with horror movies Hollywood can't come up with anything new, and that likely this will be an even bloodier version than the original (if that's possible). Freddy Krueger scared the living daylights out of me the first time I ran across one of these movies on TV when I was 10. I've never actually seen a whole movie all the way through, and anytime I tried, most of it was spent covering my eyes with the TV on mute blocking out all the scary music I think sometimes movies are just better left alone rather than making remakes. Nightmare is really a cult classic, and nothing will replace the original or its sequels.

Curiousity has the best of me which movie they're remake next. Childs Play? Jaws? The Exorcist?

+ Reply to Thread