+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 500 Days of Summer

PWS
    FORT Fogey

500 Days of Summer

Just saw this last night---I know it's been out for a while...almost gone from our multiplex...but it's a really enjoyable chick flick. The "kid" from 3rd Rock from the Sun has grown up to be quite adorable.
    And the name refers to his relationship with a woman named Summer, not some bizarre science fiction summer.

Re: 500 Days of Summer

I loved the movie - I would say it has a wider appeal than the typical chick flick. Joseph Gordon Levitt IS totally adorable

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Out of curiosity, I had to check to see how old JGL is. He's only 28 (Feb 17th, 1981), but it seems like I've been watching him for at least 20 years! Getting close to 30 and still looks like a teenager . . . . . if only I had that problem!!!!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

CCL

It was a very bittersweet movie. I liked aspects of it but I didn't love it overall. Still, I adore Zooey Deschanel; hadn't seen Joseph Gordon Levitt since Third Rock I don't think (very different, of course) and he was very good in the movie.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Hi Toby--I agree about the wider appeal, I only used the chickflick to differentiate it from the shoot 'em ups (can we use a term like prickflicks? if not, mods, please replace appropriate letters with asterisks!), but I agree, definitely a cut above the average, and very bittersweet moments.
    I thought it also did a great job of capturing the incredible joyousness of young love as well.
    And it was fun seeing "Reid" (from Criminal Minds) and "Christine's ex husband" from Old Christine in non-TV roles. "Reid" plays a much less nerdy but still very sweet character, compared to CM.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

I saw this today. What a terrific, heartwarming, bittersweet, all around lovely movie. The lead actors were fantastic, I really enjoyed this!

Oh, I'm hoping this movie'll come over here too! I like Zooey Deschanel and I think Joseph Gordon-Levitt has grown up to be a really good actor. I hadn't seen him either since Third Rock from the Sun until a trip last year in which I got to watch a movie called The Lookout starring him. Really good movie. Made my flight go much, much faster.

I highly recommend the soundtrack - I've been playing it on repeat for weeks.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

+ Reply to Thread