+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Extract

Extract

A flower extract plant owner deals with workplace issues and a stream of bad luck, including his wife's affair with a gigolo
    ^^^ That's seriously the worst synopsis ever. The move stars Jason Bateman, Kristin Wiig (from SNL), Mila Kunis and Ben Aflleck and is directed by Mike Judge.

I saw a sneak preview tonight and really liked it. While it's no Office Space (my favorite Mike Judge movie), it was funny and, hey, anything with Jason Bateman is a-okay with me.

Kristin Wiig has a really good scene at the end, but they definitely didn't utilize the kookiness she displays on SNL, which I think was a mistake. Her role in Knocked Up showed off her talents to much better effect.

The supporting players - mainly workers at the factory and the aforementioned gigolo who is, as the wife put it, a moron - really made the movie for me. Of course, I could have liked it a lot more than normal because my friend had free passes
    Last edited by Critical; 09-01-2009 at 05:01 PM. Reason: spelling counts!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: Extract

I'm really looking forward to seeing Extract this weekend. I heard 2 Fresh Air interviews last week--one with Mike Judge & one with Jason Bateman--and they got me excited to see it.

Re: Extract

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;3686579;
    I'm really looking forward to seeing Extract this weekend. I heard 2 Fresh Air interviews last week--one with Mike Judge & one with Jason Bateman--and they got me excited to see it.
    Yeah, all you really needed to say to me was "Jason Bateman and Mike Judge" and was there!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread