+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GI Joe

GI Joe

A lot of fun. An equal balance of live and computer generated action. Several story arcs, Snake Eyes vs Stormshadow, Scarlet vs Ripcord, Duke and the Baroness and of course COBRA vs the world. While I was concerned that the basic storyline from the original cartoon would be totally destroyed, I must admit I enjoyed what the writers did. Still I don't get one part?
    Click to see Spoiler:
    At the beginning of the film it looked as if Scarlet and Snake Eyes had a thing and that was totally ignored when Scarlet sorta got eyes for Ripcord.

I really liked the Duke character and did not realize until the credits rolled that it was Channing Tatum. Did an excellent job.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Re: GI Joe

I really liked this movie. At first I wasn't really interested since I've never played with the "Action Figures" or watched the cartoons or read the comics, but my friends wanted to see it and I obliged. This reminded me of the first Transformers movie in that it had a good mix of humor and action.

I really enjoyed the movie, too. I went in expecting to find it to be a complete cheesefest with a boring storyline but it actually held my attention throughout. Loved the vehicles and the weapons. Special effects were pretty decent. Loved the fact that they didn't get too caught up with just blowing things up every time you turned around and instead had great fight scenes.

But sorry, Bearcata.. I thought Channing Tatum was horrible. Not Kevin Costner bad... but bad. But also not so bad that it distracted from the role or movie... it's just that every actor he was paired with was more natural than him. Wayans brother #10 showed him up in every scene.

The only thing that did distract me was Sienna Miller's walk. Could it have been more pathetic?
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3651190;
    I really enjoyed the movie, too. I went in expecting to find it to be a complete cheesefest with a boring storyline but it actually held my attention throughout. Loved the vehicles and the weapons. Special effects were pretty decent. Loved the fact that they didn't get too caught up with just blowing things up every time you turned around and instead had great fight scenes.

But sorry, Bearcata.. I thought Channing Tatum was horrible. Not Kevin Costner bad... but bad. But also not so bad that it distracted from the role or movie... it's just that every actor he was paired with was more natural than him. Wayans brother #10 showed him up in every scene.

The only thing that did distract me was Sienna Miller's walk. Could it have been more pathetic?
    Yuck, no one can be as bad as Kevin Costner bad, just the thought makes me want to vomit. Still I thought the Duke character got better and better through the movie showing a soft loving side toward the Baroness. What did stick out though during the funeral scene which was held during a overcast and very rainy day, why in the world would anyone wear dark sunglasses??
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Channing Tatum was good to look at, I also didn't think he did too bad considering his previous movies, all in all I liked him lol I really thought the cast as a whole was very surprising? if thats the word.... the guy who was on 3rd Rock From The Sun was Cobra Commander lol I didn't like how they changed his look in the movie.

The whole Scarlett relationship has always been an issue in the series, but since Duke and Baroness kinda had their thing, I think Scarlett will eventually be with Snake Eyes assuming there will be a sequel, poor guy can never catch a break lol I think she ended up with Duke in the cartoon if I remember correctly lol

I'm definitely hoping for a sequel! And bring in Lady Jaye! She and Scarlett were always my favorites, given they were the only prominent females in the show lol it was a fun movie lol

+ Reply to Thread