+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sorry, Clark, it's Superman I love...

Sorry, Clark, it's Superman I love...

I was talking to a friend of mine about actors we like, and we noticed there were a lot of characters we were "in love" with, while the actors who played them didn't do much for us.

So I was wondering, what characters do you love, while not really caring for the actor who portrays them?

(My examples:

Legolas from the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Orlando Bloom is just so-so for me, but I would do anything for that hottie Elf!

Wolverine, from X-men. Hugh Jackman is cute, but while playing Wolverine he crosses the line from cute to brutally desirable.

I can't stand Robert Downey Jr. in real life, but as Peter Wright in Only You, I just adore him.)

OOOPPPS!
    I just realized this should be in the Movies forum--My bad! Sorry about that, moderators.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

I'll move it...

I love wolverine too
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I would also have to say Legolas. There is just something about that character that I find so attractive. Orlando Bloom is a great guy, but without the costume, I can't really say that I find him attractive.

Aargaon is so sexy, but Viggo Mortensen doesn't do that much for him. He's okay, but not as sexy when he's that rogue warrior.

I love Wolverine, but I also like Hugh Jackman. Of course, I prefer the bad boy, Wolverine!

That's all I can think of right now.

FORT Fogey
    I found Jude Law absolutely delectable as Dickie Greenleaf in "The Talented Mr. Ripley." His aloofness only made him more desirable.

Come to think of it, Jude Law in just about anything is pretty damn hot.

Although, I do find Russell Crowe attractive, I find his character, Maximus in Gladiator, oh so very hot!

Wolverine is the only one that i can think of right now. Hugh Jackman is cool but when he's Wolverine.....
    I don't want the ocean in my seashell. I just want a boyfriend with a brain cell. Stretch Princess

Old Legolas is in Johnny Depp's new movie, Pirates of the Carribean.
    He looks pretty good in that.
    Of course, no one can out shine Johnny imo, even when he looks as "bad" as they've made him look in this movie.
    "That's Numberwang!"

fluff--I've seen the trailers and Orlando is just...mmweh

Johnny, on the other hand...yummy! It's doesn't matter what they do to him!
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

I like Orlando... I really like him, but he loses something without the long flowing hair.

I also really loved Tim Robbins in Shawshank Redemption, but he loses something in anything else and in real life. He was just so soulful.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

+ Reply to Thread