+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Ugly Truth

The Ugly Truth

Starring Gerard Butler and Katherine Heigel
    Out July 24th

I watched a couple of trailers, looks rather standard: boorish man, "independent, career" woman fall in love.

Well, on second thought, it IS Gerard Butler
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Re: The Ugly Truth

It looks like fun and I go based on that. Summertime is jammed full of action films which I do love, but I want to break up all that adrenaline rush with some laughter, some comedy, which has been sorely lacking in the movie department so quite some time. Hope this is as good as it looks.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I saw this last night at a Sneak Preview and it's really funny. It's a complete chick flick but a good time. I laughed a lot during the movie and Gerard Butler and Katherine Heigel are great together in it. I would definitely recommend it to people.

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62;3581046;
    it IS Gerard Butler
    Really, what more needs to be said? I'd watch that man in anything. That's why they have rentals. Just turn the volume off and enjoy the visuals LOL.

Actually this movie looked cute and a refreshing change from what I normally get to watch. I'm definitely putting it on my list.

I'm overrun with testosterone in my home, being the sole female....even all our pets are male! So I enjoy seeing something that doesn't feature car chases, fighting, explosives, or gross bugs doing gross things (my 6 year old wants to be an entomologist when he grows up so I get to see all kinds of shows/movies about bugs being bugs.......).

I also saw this in a sneak preview and really enjoyed it. Gerard is just..... yummy.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Oh this might have moved up to go see at the theatre. Although I'll probably end up embarassing DH by squealing every time GB is on screen.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Where The Wind Comes Sweeping Down The Plains

Quote Originally Posted by Realitychick;3585317;
    I also saw this in a sneak preview and really enjoyed it. Gerard is just..... yummy.
    Gerard is quite delicious.
    I really want to see it.
    Mostly for GB, but I also like the concept of it.
    To be one, to be united is a great thing. But to respect the right to be different is maybe even greater. -Bono

FORT Fanatic

This movie is on my list as a "definitely see" movie. It looks really funny and I like Katherine Heigl. I actually wish she would quit Grey's Anatomy and focus on making movies.

Saw it opening night, July 24th. My friend and I went to the 9pm show and it was sold out at 8:30pm so the the multiplex opened another theater so we could watch and even that 2 - 300 seater was filled. It is rated R for language, not for F or S words but for sexual explicit words such as penis. There were no nude scenes except for a brief shot of a male side but no butts, no breasts etc.. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Katherine H and Gerard Butler have a nice chemistry. He prehaps more than she. I could see taking a mature 12 yr old and up. At home I could see perhaps a younger female child and her mom but not too much younger.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I saw this last night and I really enjoyed it. It isn't a movie that I would allow my 9yr old to watch with me, the themes are mature and quite a bit of questionable language, it's all what your child can handle too.
    The funniest parts were the 'flicking the bean' converstation and the restaurant scene. Why did Gerard have to cover up his accent?? He would have been even sexier!!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast