+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transformers - the Sequel

FORT Fanatic

Transformers - the Sequel

This movie opened last night. Has anyone seen it yet? It's not getting great reviews, but I don't always trust the reviews. I like to hear from people who actually saw the movie.

Re: Transformers - the Sequel

The action was awesome. Plot not so much... but then it's an action movie and wasn't expecting much of one.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Usually I don't mind if a movie is long, but with this one I was squirming in my seat for the last approx 45 mins hoping it would end soon.

I thought that it was really funny in places, but really lacked in the plot and good dialogue. I also felt that there was almost too much action sequences. It pretty much went like this:

slow-funny-action-funny-action-funny-slow-action-funny-action-slow-action-funny-slow-action-action-action.

My son loves Transformers. However he's 5 years old and I don't think it's appropriate for him to see it at the movies. He has seen some parts of the first one, ones we thought were ok for him to see. Are there any parts that are not appropriate for him in the sequel? Would it be ok for him to see it at the movies?

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;3524695;
    My son loves Transformers. However he's 5 years old and I don't think it's appropriate for him to see it at the movies. He has seen some parts of the first one, ones we thought were ok for him to see. Are there any parts that are not appropriate for him in the sequel? Would it be ok for him to see it at the movies?
    Hi! A friend of mine saw it and she thought it was awesome but she did mention that it was full of cursing (which is big because she just graduated from college and noticed...).

Anyhow, whenever I take a little cousin to the movies I always check some of the review sites (most associated with a religious institution) to see what is going on...I just found this real quickly on the net (Hope it helps!):

"30 obscenities (including what sounded like one to three f words), 23 light profanities, and multiple gratuitous jokes about male penises, including an extreme close-up of a mans crotch wearing a bulging jock strap;..."
    source: movieguide.org

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;3524695;
    One of our local movie critics said that there was an awful lot of profanity in the film and doesn't understand why it wasn't rated R instead of PG13.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

OK, saw it last night at 9:30pm with 15 minutes of trailers it didn't start until 9:45pm. (some great trailers though) the movie ended at 12:10 am with the credits still rolling as we left. Any extra bits during the credits? Since the movie was over 2hr and 25 minutes long and we figured at least 5 or more minutes of trailers that was enough. I must admit I had listened to some critiques by several movie critics and I was swayed enough to not want to go. But I enjoyed the film. I enjoyed the characters and the new robots and yes there was a plot. Michael Bay does like to explode a lot of things and yes he and the editors could have cut 15 or 20 minutes of explosions and it still would have been a good film. This time they slowed down the action enough so I could actually follow it, which was my main critique of the first film's final battle scene. I know that a lot of movie critics were very upset over 2 robot characters Mudflap and Grill who spoke a lot of 'gangsta' rap and one had a gold tooth. Really it was not a big deal. I think sometimes the movie critics can be too PC (politically correct). I do like how they incorporated the characters from the first film and it was a fun ride. I didn't really hear any bad language and can see young kids, especially boys from 7 yrs old and up really enjoying this film. I do wonder if anyone picked up on the Star Wars reference where Megatron was bowing down to an older and more evil Decepticon he called Master?

Also saw it last night and it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I also didn't know until we were there that the movie was going to be 2 1/2 hrs long. My butt still hurts. I think the extra little bit of humor helped it along and I could follow along with the action and explosions better than when I saw the first one. Bearcata, are you referring to the scene with Megatron and the Fallen?

Quote Originally Posted by biggbaddgirl;3531063;
    Also saw it last night and it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I also didn't know until we were there that the movie was going to be 2 1/2 hrs long. My butt still hurts. I think the extra little bit of humor helped it along and I could follow along with the action and explosions better than when I saw the first one. Bearcata, are you referring to the scene with Megatron and the Fallen?
    Yeap.

PS: I am glad I brought my blankie and a light jacket, they had the AC on super high and even with a full theater after almost 2 hours I had to cover up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3531363;
    Yeap.

PS: I am glad I brought my blankie and a light jacket, they had the AC on super high and even with a full theater after almost 2 hours I had to cover up.
    Lucky you! I went to a midnight showing, and they turned the AC off, and it was like a sauna in the theatre at the end from the audience's body heat.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast