+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Proposal

Premium Member

The Proposal

Has anyone seen this movie? It stars Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds. Sandra plays Margaret Tate a book editor who is a bigwig at her company but turns out her work Visa has expired and she has been deported back to Canada. So in order to stay in the country and keep her job, she blackmails her assistant to marry her with the promise of giving him an editor job. Unfortunately things go crazy from there. Betty White is in it and she is hilarious. Loved it.

To the Point

Re: The Proposal

Though it was a fairly predictable chick flick, I really enjoyed it.

Fort Member

I saw it on the weekend and although it is predictable i liked it
    Betty White is the highlight

It was okay. One thumb up.

My biggest problem with this movie was that Ryan and Sandra did not have chemistry. I didn't believe that they were a couple. Ryan had more chemistry with the actress that played Gertrude. By the end of the movie, I seriously thought that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    he would end up with Gertrude
    . So it was surprising when
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Gertrude came into the room and told him to chase after Margaret (Sandra's character)
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

CCL

I have to agree with you about the chemistry (or lack thereof), CrossingGuard. I did enjoy the movie overall, however.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I enjoyed it also. Like I said, it was okay. Looove Betty White. My favorite scene was
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the chanting--to the window! to the wall!
    . Hahahaha.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I liked it! Of course... it helped that Ryan Reynolds was nude in a scene lol That boy is hot. Scarlett Johanson is one lucky girl
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

FORT Fanatic

Talked my boyfriend into going last weekend to see The Proposal. I liked it, he thought that Sandra Bullock used a body double for the one scene. yeah, it was predictable, but when all the other movies are special effects laden, it is nice to be entertained by just old-fashion fun. 3 1/2 stars out of 5.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3530011;
    I have to agree with you about the chemistry (or lack thereof), CrossingGuard. I did enjoy the movie overall, however.
    I also agree with this. I love Sandra Bullock, and I thought that Ryan Reynolds character was great and he did a great job with the character, there was just a lack of chemistry.

I have to watch anything with Ryan Reynolds...something about those eyes and his great comic timing. And I like Sandra Bullock quite a bit too. They had ok chemistry in this movie, but the best bits, imo, were when she was chasing the dog that had been grabbed by the eagle (or hawk?) and when she and grandma (Betty White)were chanting/rapping in the woods. Priceless!! Oh, and when the waiter/stripper/store guy/minister all turned out to be the same guy - he was a hoot.

It did seem like the ending was rather contrived and rushed, but all in all it was a pleasant and entertaining movie. One lady in the theater I was in apparently thought it was so freakin' hilarious that she totally cackled all the way through it, even when everyone else was quiet. It got to the point where I thought I was going to have to go have a word or two or three with her about disturbing others.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast