+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Land of the Lost

Land of the Lost

I was really looking forward to this movie. I just wanted to see a dumb, funny picture and get a few laughs. Well, I think Land of the Lost is the perfect film to rent and watch during a School Snow Day. Mom and Dad can watch it with the kids and still walk away to get popcorn from the kitchen and not miss much. Is it worth paying $10 plus dollars at a movie theater? No.

What was rather annoying was that I had a guy sitting behind me that was laughing hysterically at everything in the movie. I kept thinking the scenes that he was laughing at were humorous but they weren't that funny.

I do like how the writers reimaged the show for today, but I think fans of the show will find it rather creepy that the characters of Will and Holly are no longer the son and daughter of Rick Marshall, in fact Holly is a 20 something grad student with a huge crush on Rick Marshall. When they do kiss it is rather incestous.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Re: Land of the Lost

I don't go to the movies very often. I went, by myself the minute "Land of the Lost" opened. I was REALLY looking forward to it. IT WAS AWFUL! I kept falling asleep and the guy across from me was snoring! ALL of the funny parts were in the ads and trailers. I didn't expect an academy award winning film but I did expect it to be entertaining. IT WASN'T! Will Ferrel needs to expand his career and try making a movie with a little "meat" on it. Of course I didn't expect this movie to be that movie but it was WAY below any standards that he should be striving for at this point. I give it 4 thumbs DOWN! (OUT OF THREE)
    Last edited by tvaholic; 06-19-2009 at 12:25 PM. Reason: add on

Re: Land of the Lost

This was quite possibly the worst movie I've ever seen. I kept apologizing to my my kids for taking them to see it ... they are 14 and 15 and it was inappropriate for them, in my opinion. The rest of the audience were just watching the clock, waiting for the end. There were no funny parts to this movie, it was all suggestive phrases and 5th grade humor.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread