+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Up

Up

Is anyone besides me excited to see this? I sure am, and I can't wait!

It has been getting EXTREMELY positive reviews all around from critics and audiences, but that's to be expected for a film from Pixar. Not only that, it was selected to open the Cannes Film Festival, and is the only animated movie ever to do so, and was highly praised afterward.

Many, including the director, have said that this is the funniest film yet from Pixar... - I didn't think it was possible!

Re: Up

I cannot wait to see this movie! It looks great!
    Yup, with donuts!!

I am also really looking forward to it. We will wait a little while for the crowds to calm down. Next week is the last week of school for the kiddos, so I think I will take a day off the following week so we can go to see it on a weekday with smaller crowds. We will be going to the 3D version. I know it's a gimmick, but we had a lot of fun with Monsters vs. Aliens in 3D - and we saw the 3D trailer for Up!

Ok, I just got back from a midnight showing, and let me say this: It has met, and possibly even exceeded my expectations(which were set pretty high).

It is definitely Pixar's most emotional film, BY FAR. More emotion than the beginning of Finding Nemo(with the barracuda), or Jessie's Story from Toy Story 2, or even the last few minutes of WALL-E. It was also REALLY funny which is always expected. The action scenes were very well done, and the pacing was excellent, and didn't drag. I predict that UP will remain among the best films of 2009, and rightly so.

A+/*****(out of five)

I also really enjoyed the music composed by Michael Giacchino. I was expecting a lot from him, and he definitely delivered. I especially enjoyed the main waltz-like theme that occurred throughout in different arrangements.

And not to be exclusive, I'll mention the short that appears before UP. Peter Sohn (the voice of Emile, Remy's brother, in Ratatouille) directed the short which is titled [U]"Partly Cloudy" It was really enjoyable, and funny. It for sure has the signature Pixar charm.

Go see this movie now! You will thoroughly enjoy it.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Bring some tissues
    just in case. (It's not that much of a spoiler, but I'll tag it anyway because it might reveal some background information.)
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

PWS
    FORT Fogey

This has gotten RAVE reviews where I live.

Just came back from seeing the 3D version with the hubby and kids and we all enjoyed it immensely. It was actually better than I expected.

I saw this today with my girls and Mr. Sweetpea. I loved, loved, loved this movie. I laughed my head off, I cried (and so did Mr. S but I pretended not to notice), I enjoyed everything about this film. Pixar is amazing, they continue to create smart, fun, thoughtful movies with terrific stories, wonderful characters, and beautiful scenes. And casting Ed Asner as the lead voice? Who else could have done it. I can't recommend this movie enough.

We saw it last weekend. Without the 3D since the 3 year old came. I liked the movie & totally would have cried like a baby at the first 15 minutes and the last 5. I wouldn't say it's my fave Pixar film (I still think Monsters Inc is great) but it was what you expect from Pixar.
    My husband wanted to know what happened to the kids'
    Click to see Spoiler:
    dad
    ? does anyone know? He thought he had
    Click to see Spoiler:
    died, I just thoght he wasn't around
    BTW, I hated the short at the beginning. Sorry!
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

Quote Originally Posted by pfeifferdcat;3485230;
    My husband wanted to know what happened to the kids'
    Click to see Spoiler:
    dad
    ? does anyone know? He thought he had
    Click to see Spoiler:
    died, I just thoght he wasn't around
    BTW, I hated the short at the beginning. Sorry!
    I saw it today with three of my kiddos. I also wasn't wild about the short. Re. the spoiler question, I thought
    Click to see Spoiler:
    he just wasn't around. The kid clearly thought he would show up to the Wilderness Boys ceremony when he initially told Carl about it.

I thought the movie was wonderful. I cried (silently ) at three different points in the story. I cried, I laughed, I was nervous at the appropriate moments, it was great! A couple of kid comments: my kids were not expecting the sad parts (the boys wanted all funny all the time) and during the climax of the action I think my 4 yo daughter was actually worried that something bad was going to happen to one of the good guys!

We saw the movie in 3D and I thought it was really unnecessary. I was so caught up in the story that I stopped noticing the 3D-ness completely. Whereas Monsters vs. Aliens had "in your face" 3D effects, this really did not. Not saying whether that is bad or good, but if I was going to watch it again I probably would not bother with the 3D.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast