+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Terminator Salvation

Terminator Salvation

Not bad. Much better than I expected. Christian Bale plays John Connor, a 300% improvement over the wuse casting chose to play Connor in the third movie. Christian Bale is very believable as a post apocalyptic savior. What is confusing is the character Marcus played by Sam Worthington. It is rather confusing to watch a movie with 2 alpha males playing the major roles. Considering the plot at one point I thought Marcus would become John Connor.Terminator Salvation redeems the series and leaves it open ended enough for another movie.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Re: Terminator Salvation

BTW fans of cable reality show Workout may recognize a name from the credits. Yes, Greg Plitt, fitness trainer to the stars and carpenter on HGTV's Designed to Sell plays a hybrid guard in Terminator Salvation.

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

Movie sucked. Way too predictable and McG's fancy little camera tricks were so overdone. Now I know why it hasn't been doing that great at the box office.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

FORT Fogey

Just saw it today, and thought it was good. It's not going win any awards, but it was well-paced with a good storyline. Poor Marcus when he realizes he's half machine!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yes, I thought Marcus' reaction was the best part of the film, and really, when I began to get involved in it. Before that for the first third I was completely confused. As Bearcata said, when you have two alpha males, each with their own story line for a lot of the show, it can be confusing--and what made it really confusing....they LOOK ALIKE! Could one of them not have been blond? Or had longer hair? Or a mustache? With all the fast cuts half the time I wasn't sure which guy I was looking at, and for a while whether they were supposed to be the same guy at different points in his life. Finally figured out they were two separate people (thanks to Marcus being a lot better looking than John ), and began to figure out what was going on, but at one point I was thinking, that's it for me, the guys who make this only care about explosions, not about plot. Bearcata, I also thought Marcus might turn into John, after the "woman" said that Marcus could be whoever he wanted and morphed into different people---then when John was injured I thought Marcus would take over as John to keep the revolution alive. Good, if sad, ending.
    That little mute girl was adorable.
    I'm sure I missed some points as I haven't seen all the Terminator films...but got reinvolved in the concept again thanks to the TV show (which of course is much more about the people and less about the flash bangs) and thought I'd give it a try again.
    I missed in the credits whether "Ahnold" got a credit--did they do that brief appearance of the original Terminator via fancy digital camera work? It sure looked like a young Arnold, not the Gov.
    I just saw this last night...a 10:30 pm show, about 1/3 full, but it's been showing for weeks.

I would have MUCH preferred Marcus to take over leading the revolution for the dead John Connor.
    I found Marcus to be an intrguing and very likeable character.
    I have never been able to say that about John Connor (Especially this version of him)
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;3502020;
    I would have MUCH preferred Marcus to take over leading the revolution for the dead John Connor.
    I have never been able to say that about John Connor (Especially this version of him)
    Yeap, that would have worked for me and been a very interesting twist.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3501999;
    Yes, I thought Marcus' reaction was the best part of the film, and really, when I began to get involved in it. Before that for the first third I was completely confused. As Bearcata said, when you have two alpha males, each with their own story line for a lot of the show, it can be confusing--and what made it really confusing....they LOOK ALIKE! Could one of them not have been blond? Or had longer hair? Or a mustache? With all the fast cuts half the time I wasn't sure which guy I was looking at, and for a while whether they were supposed to be the same guy at different points in his life. Finally figured out they were two separate people (thanks to Marcus being a lot better looking than John ), and began to figure out what was going on, but at one point I was thinking, that's it for me, the guys who make this only care about explosions, not about plot. Bearcata, I also thought Marcus might turn into John, after the "woman" said that Marcus could be whoever he wanted and morphed into different people---then when John was injured I thought Marcus would take over as John to keep the revolution alive. Good, if sad, ending.
    That little mute girl was adorable.
    I'm sure I missed some points as I haven't seen all the Terminator films...but got reinvolved in the concept again thanks to the TV show (which of course is much more about the people and less about the flash bangs) and thought I'd give it a try again.
    I missed in the credits whether "Ahnold" got a credit--did they do that brief appearance of the original Terminator via fancy digital camera work? It sure looked like a young Arnold, not the Gov.
    I just saw this last night...a 10:30 pm show, about 1/3 full, but it's been showing for weeks.
    That's what got me too, they did look alike and with all the switching back an forth and the fact that Marcus had some major redeeming to do the story was really implying that Marcus would be taking over the John Conner role.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;3502020[B
    ;]I would have MUCH preferred Marcus to take over leading the revolution for the dead John Connor[/B].
    Well, we three are all in agreement--wonder how many other fans think that! As bearcata said, it would definitely give a new twist to the series! Of course now that I think on it, did they actually show the heart being removed from Marcus? You saw him go to "sleep" as I recall, but that's all I recall. Maybe they left it ambigous enough to pull it off.
    The John Connor I like best is the TV one.

+ Reply to Thread