+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: X2: X-Men United - 05/02

you guys are cool! Thanks
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

**********SPOILERS ENCLOSED******************

Just a question to everyone who saw the new X-Men 2 movie.
    Did anyone get a feeling that we've seen this movie before..... namely Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan !! Introduce new characters( Dr. Carol Marcus( Kirk's lover), David ( Kirk's son), Saavik - Colossus, Nightcrawler( Mystique's son), Pyro) . The ship and everyone inside about to die ( Both movies) , only one person can save the ship ( Spock/Jean) and make the ultimate sacrifice ( die to save the people they love) with enough foreshadowing to let us know that the person is not truly dead
    ( Spock being sent to a Genisis planet for rebirth/ Xavier's knowing smile at the end of X2 indicating he knows something the rest of the Xmen don't)

I loved the movie, but it just seemed so predictable, which was something the first movie wasn't.
    Headlines
    Iran says it shot down unmanned US spy plane.
    Lemonade recalled due to possibleglass fragments in Canada.
    Lindsay Lohan to join Celebrity Big Brother.

Anybody else need a dandelion break???

I didn't see that movie - Wrath of Khan. A lot of Super Hero movies use the same formula so there is a little predictability in almost all of them.

I still enjoy them, though.

Very Proud Grandpa! LoneStarSpur's Avatar
    Sorry to dredge up an old thread like this, but I finally got to see X2 last night on DVD.

Great movie! Really loved it a lot and I know exactly zero about the comic books.

Can't wait for X3.

-Randy

I just got the DVD, too. Loved it. But I love mutants and sci-fi and special effects and hunky guys in black leather.

I liked the insights other posters had (especially Cali, so true) into this movie back when it was in the theatre. Very interesting. I never read comic books, but, like Wolf, I watched the cartoons.

Here's hoping they keep Daniel Cudmore as Colossus for X-3! He really stood out in his brief seconds of screen time.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

I rented this movie (and 4 others, ugh!) for weekend watching... Glad y'all are liking it, that bodes well.

hi all
    Okay I'm thinking I must have been on another planet when X1 came out. If it was when it was nice out, then I was not interested in any movies.

Saw X2 at my brother's house on Thanksgiving vaca. He's got a movie theater in the basement and I didn't think I'd like it as I had not seen 1. IT WAS SOOOO GOOD! New fan here. I gotta see 1 then 2 again!

Good stuff!

FORT Newbie

In response to an earlier comment....

Had to correct this Beast could never change form he was a mutant of non-proportioned size and had excellent agility. Through a haywire experiment he gained the blue fur....

FORT Newbie

Not Banshee

That wasn't Banshee it was his daughter Siryn......

Just the same mutants but different look.

[QUOTE=nofx242]The original Beast was a really bad looking. The original X-men were canceled for a few issues they ran back stories then brought the new cast in. The original x-men were pretty bad they didnt have that spark.
    They never brought in a new cast those are the same original X-Men with new outfits and more mutants and one name Jean Gray used her real name insted of Marvel Girl from now on.
    Last edited by WOLF74; 09-20-2004 at 01:27 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast