+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: X2: X-Men United - 05/02

Jumping on the bandwagon

LOVED X-Men. Like Lo I own it and will watch over and over.
    Yes, Wolverine is a huge factor in that decision

Want to see X-Men 2 in theaters hope to SOON!!!!!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Big comic-book fan (as if my previous posts didn't reveal that), and so was the guy I saw X2 with. (Or, to sate John's grammar appetite, "...with whom I saw X2.)

I liked it, but my buddy didn't as much. I liked it for different reasons he did, but I didn't see or agree with the reasons he didn't like the movie.

I won't color anyone's impressions beyond that. If you want to see it, buy a matinee-priced ticket and see it, and then we can pick-apart 'til the cows come home.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

I saw the movie today, and I totally loved it!
    Nightcrawler's fighting scenes were so wicked. They were the best action scenes of the movie, so don't be late to the movie because they happen right towards the beginning.

There were some cheesy lines, and some characters didn't say much, but all in all, I gave it a thumbs up! The guy that I went with also loved it. We're both Xmen fans, even though, we never read the comic books.

This is definitely one for my DVD collection.

I never saw the first one.
    I'm not a really a fan of this type of thing, but this does look good from the previews I've seen.
    "That's Numberwang!"

A total blast!! Definitely worth checking out-- if you haven't seen the first one yet, you might want to just so you can catch all the little subtleties.

Insert Funny "Quote" Here nofx242's Avatar
    I liked it very good movie. I'm a big X-men comic fan, but I dont let the differences spoil the movie for me. Lots of neat little tie ins to the comic though. You can tell the writters and director are x-men fans. You can already see what the next film is about. Its not a spoiler but anyone who knows x-men can see what the next will be about. They droped hints from the start of the movie and the final shot confirmed it.

Yeah, I noticed those "hints" too, nofx242! I'm looking forard to the 3rd installment.

Did you happen to think Jubilee was that girl in Professor's Xavier's class towards the end of the movie? A friend of mine brought it to my attention, and thinking back on it, I do think that the girl with the short black hair and hoop earings could very well be Jubilee.

I also thought I saw Dr. McCoy doing an interview on one of the shows that I think Wolverine was watching, but he looked like a normal man, and not the Blue colored-Beast that I remember him as.

Since I know nothing about The X-Men, I proposed renting the first movie this weekend so we could get caught up. They were all gone in the video store, though. Big surprise.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Insert Funny "Quote" Here nofx242's Avatar
    Yep that was Hank McCoy "the beast" on TV. I liked that they had his hair wild like his is, The beast started out as a normal human who would change form. That may have been Jubilee at the end.

Some other cool things. Kitty Pride the girl who feel through the bed is of course Shadowcat. The girl that was screaming may be related to Banshee the irish x-men with the same power.
    The small kid with glasses that was watching TV at night may have been the kid that was in powerpack I think that was there name it was a group of young mutents I think one was a telepath with big glasses.

Also if you know about pyro you can see that there will be the new Brotherhood.

And you should have been able to spot Colossus.

there was also something I readon anouther site thats down right now that had a list of names that were on strykers data base of mutants - The names were of X-men and Villians there real name.
    Cant forget Col

That Crazy Red-Head! CopperPenny's Avatar
    I loved the movie too, but then again I love Hugh Jackman!

I hope they put Gambit in the third movie!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast