+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Angels and Demons

MRD

Angels and Demons

Saw this last night and liked it very much. MUCH better than The Da Vinci Code which I thought was disappointing considering how good the book was.
    A&D seems to follow the book pretty well, is fast paced, yet still manages to include the "mysteries" and "secrets" from the book.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Re: Angels and Demons

I saw it with a friend who had seen the Da Vinci code and she also said this was a much better movie. It is 140 minutes long and it goes by fast. In fact I wish the pace had been slower and included the background on the God particle, the conception and birth of the Camberlain and the background of the assasin. The descriptions of the churches and symbology in the books are beautiful to listen to (audio book) and of course the relationship between Langford and Sophie. I totally loved how Langford escapes the helicopter and they totally changed that in the movie. This would have made a great mini series when the networks were still doing them.

BTW I have heard that the Catholic Church did issue a statement that the Illuminati don't exist. Luv how the Dan Brown books rattle the Vatican.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I read DaVinci Code and also saw the movie. I haven't either read Angels and Demons, nor seen the movie yet. My question is: I know the book Angels and Demons was written and published BEFORE the DC and was always told it was the prequel to DaVinci Code. Now publicity is stating that the A and D is the SEQUEL to the DaVinci Code. Which is it? It also sounds, from interviews, like the plot for A and D may have changed for the movie and perhaps the movie Angels and Demons was transformed into a sequel. Can anyone help me? Thanks.

MRD

The plot hasn't changed. They did make it a sequel, but there are only a couple references to Langdon's role in TDC in this movie. This movie stands alone, you don't have to have read or seen TDC to see this movie.

I think one of the references is that Langon says he's surprised the Vatican wants his help considering what happened "last time."

I think the sequel aspect of it is only for promotional purposes as it doesn't reference TDC or use it at all in this movie.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Thanks Rosie Dog. I read and saw TDC and enjoyed both very much. I expect that I'll enjoy this movie too. It sounds like A and D was never connected to TDC, but for, as you say, promotional purposes they made it a sequel. I usually like everything that Ron Howard and Tom Hanks do individually and together, they're great at what they do and especially good together.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I guess I'm the odd person out on this one...I didn't care too much for this one but loved DaVinci Code. I had a harder time following this one and it didn't hold my attention too well. That being said, I still love Tom Hanks!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread