+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Surrogates - Bruce Willis

Re: Surrogates - Bruce Willis

Bump! Reviews are popping up everywhere. Thought I'd share this one. Sounds like Bruce delivers again! anyone caught a showing already?

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

CCL

I saw it over the weekend. It was just okay. The premise was more interesting than the movie itself.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

What did you think of Willis' role? I thought he did a good job of keep the suspense alive throughout the movie.

I also thought the message of the film was compelling, and the action sequences were a high point as well.

Benjamin Franklin.

Fort Member

I saw this last night and have to agree with CCL
    The premise was interesting and I usually like Bruce but I just wasn't wowed by it and there really was not any suspense or surprise and it was all a little to predictable
    Thats not to say I didnt enjoy it, as a lightweight thought provoking movie it was good and it did generate discussion about how good/bad the future would be should this really happen, which it wont but was fun to imagine, but it just fell a little flat for me I guess.

I give any film that leads to an interesting discussion a few solid gold stars. I think Surrogates explored a lot of interesting questions about how we view ourselves and our relationships when technology is in the mix. Cool approach and as I have said before, Willis is always fun to watch in my opinion!

Benjamin Franklin.

I just saw this and it was better than I thought it would be. Interesting premise reminds me a bit the way PC and i pods exploded and everyone wanted one. The VSI corp kicking out its CEO reminded me very much of the split between Microsoft and Apple head honchos. Still there were some plot holes. 1. Really 98% of all people in the world have surrogates? I think not. Really all those people in the poorer countries whose annual income is $300 a yr cannot afford it. 2. Uh, 98% of all the people in the world is not 1 billion (when the computer slug said you just saved a billion people). Last I heard the world's pop was over 9 billion, if 98% were killed you would still have just under 2 billion left. Not a bad way to cut the world's population. It would certainly cut down, of all types of pollution and give the earth a chance to rejuvenate after mankind has so horribly abused it. 3. Showing the Dreads, the meat bags not allowed to be in society except blasted ghettos was a bit much.

I did like that they did not go overboard on the special effects. I did expect a better film just from all the rumors floating around before the release. I give it a B-. Still much better than the junk the Syfy channel produces for Saturday night.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PS: the funniest part about Surrogates is the fact when people did go out and party even if your partner looked like a hot chick the operator could be a big fat guy.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123