+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Surrogates - Bruce Willis

Re: Surrogates - Bruce Willis

Thought I'd bump this up cause I came across a pretty interesting interview with the author of the comic book that inspired the film. Gives a better idea of what to expect for Willis' character -
    “Bruce Willis is one of the few actors who can do the action sequences and personal moments,” Venditti told me during a break signing his novel at Comic-Con. “A big theme in the book is the relationship the main character has with his wife. He’s a police detective who can do his job without worrying about the hazards of his job. He’ll go home to his wife and she’ll only react with him through her surrogate, because she’s uncomfortable with aging. So it’s a strain on their marriage.”

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Finally saw a trailer for this film. Does Bruce Willis ever not play a cop in a film??? Still it looks interesting.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

He does know how to do that role. Although this film has such a cool twist, he is cop from his own home, the surrogate does all the running around/getting shot/ect ect...well at first at least.

This video clarified a lot of the plot details for me, thought you all might enjoy!

Benjamin Franklin.

After reading everyone's posts I HAD to watch the trailer! OMG! It looks great! I can't wait.

It's kind of hard NOT to enjoy...action, Willis, awesome special effects, relevant story. It was a pretty easy sell for me. Thought I'd share this interview with the director, enjoy!

Benjamin Franklin.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Saw the trailer---looked like fun!

I finally saw a trailer for this on TV (wierd because I saw Star Trek in the theater and it didn't have this movie's trailer) It does look really really cool with a good mix of action/drama/scifi/thriller twists. I won't be able to see it in theaters but I hope those who do come back and post reviews.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2;3690046;
    I finally saw a trailer for this on TV (wierd because I saw Star Trek in the theater and it didn't have this movie's trailer) It does look really really cool with a good mix of action/drama/scifi/thriller twists. I won't be able to see it in theaters but I hope those who do come back and post reviews.
    Oh bummer, well I will be sure to post my review/any other reviews that I find
    I just caught the tv commercials for the film that I assume you saw. I love the first one with Radha Mitchell's character...seems like Willis can't trust ANYONE!

Benjamin Franklin.

The first one of those 3 is the one I saw. I liked watching the others too so thanks for the links.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2;3691813;
    The first one of those 3 is the one I saw. I liked watching the others too so thanks for the links.
    Sure thing! Have you seen any of this Edit Bay visit? Sounds really promising. Thought you'd appreciate it.

Benjamin Franklin.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast