+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: X-men: Wolverine

X-men: Wolverine

Absolutely fabulous movie I give it 4 stars. Thank you God for Marvel Comics creating a production company and taking back control of it's characters from Hollywood. As comic book publishers Marvel has terrific writers can create stories that translate easily into scripts and artists who can create storyboards. The show starts with a visual montage of a young Wolverine and shows his beginnings, he mutant powers and his relationship with Sabertooth. Beautifully done and really uses the visual medium to deliver a message without a word being said. While I like a good action film most fail to deliver on character development and any kind plot. This film has both and it never felt too long. Stay through the entire run of the credits as there are 2 little extras in them. I think the audience was expecting the first one but there is a doozey at the very end which is priceless and pure Marvel.

Sidebar: I was totally taken by surprise by last year's Ironman and Marvel now has 2 films to its credit that are simply wonderful.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Re: X-men: Wolverine

Aw, crap. I left after the first extra. Can you put the second one in spoiler tags?

And I agree, great movie.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3432599;
    Aw, crap. I left after the first extra. Can you put the second one in spoiler tags?

And I agree, great movie.
    After the last credits run
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the camera returns to a shot of the rubble of the destroyed cooling tower. You hear a "snick" and then see a blade slowly emerge and then return into the rubble. Then a hand emerges and starts feeling around. The camera pans left and you see the head of Weapon 11 lying on its side with what looks like an adamantine tear in its eye. The hand touches the head and pop the eyes open and then the mouth opens and says "sssssh" and that's when you realize that Weapon 11 now has a mouth.

Thanks, Bearcata. I'll have to wait until I rent it to see that last bit - that's what I get for going with people who want to rush out of the theater!

I'll admit, I laughed at the thought of Ryan Reynolds playing any kind of superhero (Deadpool), but he surprised me.

Meh, I thought it was ok. I really liked the first half, but the second half started getting into cliche territory for me. It was still good, but I was mostly annoyed with some things, esp. Deadpool at the end(he was great at the beginning though).

Premium Member

My son was so into Wolverine when he was a kid that we used to buy him Michigan t-shirts. I personally don't really care about seeing this except for seeing Hugh Jackman all sweaty in a wife beater.

Don't forget the Hugh Jackman shirtless scenes, Marley.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3432810;
    Don't forget the Hugh Jackman shirtless scenes, Marley.
    Or running naked several times through the movie.

Premium Member

Hmm.. maybe I will have to go see it.

I enjoyed the film. A bit confused during some parts as I don't read the Marvel comics, but it was good nonetheless. It wasn't up to par with the first 2 X-Men movies (the first one is among my all-time favorite movies) though.

I always stay after the credits are over just in case, but sometimes my friends convince me to leave early. Well I forced them to stay this time, and it's a good thing that we did! But I'm reading that there were 2 scenes that played after all of the credits were done, and it depended on what movie theater you were at.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I saw the Deadpool scene. The other scene showed Wolverine in a bar in Japan. A waitress (believed to be Lady Deathstrike, who you probably remember from the second X-Men movie) asks him if he is drinking to forget. Instead, he says he's drinking to remember.

ETA: Did
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the Professor
    look photoshopped to anyone else? Or was it just me?
    Last edited by CrossingGuard; 05-03-2009 at 10:29 PM.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast