+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's your favorite Horror movie?

Everyone talks about the Ring. Well, I don't think it was a very good movie. The ending was bad and I don't think it was even very scary. It wasn't even suspenseful. I think Alien was a good suspenseful movie. My favorite Horror movie(s) has to be the Scream trilogy. Wes Craven did a good job in taking all the great slasher movies and putting them into one movie.

Well here are a list of my favorite movies, in no particular order:

Theatre of Blood (Vincent Price)
    The Exorcist
    Last House on the Left
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre
    Horror of Dracula (Christopher Lee)
    Dracula (Bela Lugosi)
    Fright Night (Roddy McDowell)
    The Shining (Jack Nicholson)
    The Devils (Oliver Reed)
    The Lair of the White Worm
    Suspiria
    Phantasm
    An American Werewolf in London
    The Howling
    The Howling 2 (Christopher Lee)
    The Blood on Satan's Claw
    Withcfinder General (Vincent Price)
    Dog Soldiers
    Halloween
    Dawn of the Dead
    Night of the Living Dead
    Frankenstein
    Creature from the Black Lagoon
    Poltergeist
    The Wicker Man (Christopher Lee)

I just wanted to say that you have a very good list of horror movies, spad1918. I have seen eighteen of them and i think they are good but at my age i don't find them very scary anymore. Some of them are the classic horror fliks. Those are always the great ones whether they scare you or not.

Awesome list, Spad1918! This is a great list of the classics. I understand what you're saying, Lilleah4, some of those might not seem as scary as before, but Horror is a tough categorie because, especially if you're a big fan, the more you watch, the more you're desensitized from being scared. But Spad's lists are all just great movies, whether they make you pee on you pants or not.

I agree with all of the titles on it, and I'm so pleased that someone other than myself has actually seen "The Wicker Man" (I posted something on it on the "Movies You've Rented" thread) because I love that film. Also glad to see a Dario Argento film in there--"Suspiria" is one of my all time favorites, and I also love "Phenomenon".

I would also add the Sam Raimi Evil Dead movies (inc. Evil Dead, Evil Dead II, and Army of Darkness) to that list. I also would "Rosemary's Baby" on there, and "Carrie". I also
    like "DeadAlive" I think it's called and any of the schlock horror that a pre-LoTR Peter Jackson made, "Amityville Horror" and the first "Nightmare on Elm Street"--I loves me some Freddy.

I just love horror films, moody, gory--any kind. It's been a long time since I've seen anything that's really gotten to me, though, so if any of you've got any suggestions, post them here!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Carrie and Psycho.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

I was wondering if Wrong Turn was coming out soon. I hope it will be a good horror flik. I also heard that Mila Jovanovich has agreed to do another Resident Evil movie. I can't wait for that either.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12