+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friday the 13th (2009)

Friday the 13th (2009)

We've finally arrived! Friday the 13th officially opens tomorrow but in many theaters across the country, there will be a midnight screening tonight. I am going to one in Kingston, MA. This is the first time I've ever been to a midnight screening of any movie so I'm a little excited! In this film, a young man (Travis Van Winkle) brings his friends to his parents' cabin on the famed Crystal Lake for the weekend. A man shows up looking for his daughter who disappeared 6 years earlier. He is aided by one of the young visitors and soon everyone will come face to face with the famed Jason Vorhees. (Played by Derek Mears).
    Once I see it tonight, I will come back in in the morning and give my full review. If you love horror movies and you have a theater near you having a midnight screening of this movie, it might be worth the time. I'm being the brave one and seeing this on my own!
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Re: Friday the 13th (2009)

Okay. So I went to the midnight screening and I'm ready to give my review. First, this family of 4 was nice enough to let me sit with them (since I was crazy enough to go alone). Very very nice people and on the ironic chance that one of them is actually a forter, I thank you very much for letting me be part of your group. Aside from the annoying jerks sitting behind us that wouldn't SHUT UP and then had the nerve to mouth off to the woman I was sitting with for asking them nicely to shut up, I had an awesome time.
    Now to the movie review: I loved it. I was under the impression that (because there was no number following the title) this was a "re-imagining". It was not. It was an addition to the franchise. Derek Mear did great as Jason. In the first....20 minutes or so, he's already wreaking havoc and then the opening title shows up. Everyone in the theater was like "That was just the beginning? Oh s***!"
    This movie had exactly what I look for in a horror flick. Body count body count body count. And the death scenes are way bloodier and intense than the first movies. Well, there is one that I actually kind of laughed at 'cause it was rather lame.
    I posted earlier that someone shows up looking for his daughter. It's not his daughter. It's his sister. Jared Padaleki ("Supernatural") plays Clay who shows up at Crystal Lake looking for his sister (Amanda Righetti ["The Mentalist"]) who disappeared with her friends 6 weeks earlier. He has a run-in with Trent (Travis Van Winkle ["Transformers"]) who has brought his friends to the lake to spend the weekend at his family's cabin. Soon, they will all realize that Jason is NOT just a legend. He's very real, very much alive, and still very much hell-bent on revenge.
    The acting was great, there were some very comical moments (to lighten the mood a little) which I liked. And, as I said before, GREAT DEATH SCENES!
    I give it 5 stars! If you like horror flicks, you must see this.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I cannot wait to see this!! I just watched 1 and 2 on demand and had forgotten all about how much I loved this series!! Off topic, Kevin Bacon was in the first movie!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Yep he was. And I loved his death scene.

How much is Jared Padaleki in the movie? Husband wants to take me to see this tonight for our Valentine's night out, and if there is ample Jared Padaleki I might just let him
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;3320387;
    How much is Jared Padaleki in the movie? Husband wants to take me to see this tonight for our Valentine's night out, and if there is ample Jared Padaleki I might just let him
    Jared is in it for the majority of the film. Not the opening scene (where his sister disappears) but his first scene is at a gas station after the opening title. And he is in it from that scene and throughout the rest of the film. And he looks uber-hot! I forgot to mention, for those who have seen Disturbia, the Asian kid that plays Shia Lebouf's friend is also in this movie and he's funny as hell.

FORT Regular

I saw this movie on Valentine's Day and loved it!
    It kept me well entertained and on the edge of my seat. Not bad at all for a remake.
    I would have enjoyed the movie a lot more had the patrons been a little more considerate. At the showing I attended, we had to deal with a row of rednecks that insisted on carrying on a loud conversation the whole entire time. Where's Jason when you need him? Also, people please leave the cell phone in the car or at home, but if nothing else, turn the damn thing off. You'll survive for 2 hours without it, I promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy4Knievel;3334664;
    I saw this movie on Valentine's Day and loved it!
    It kept me well entertained and on the edge of my seat. Not bad at all for a remake.
    I would have enjoyed the movie a lot more had the patrons been a little more considerate. At the showing I attended, we had to deal with a row of rednecks that insisted on carrying on a loud conversation the whole entire time. Where's Jason when you need him? Also, people please leave the cell phone in the car or at home, but if nothing else, turn the damn thing off. You'll survive for 2 hours without it, I promise.
    Makes you wonder how people survived all those years Without the technology...
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Krazy, where are you from? Sounds like you must've had the same row of ignorant people I had at my showing. LOL. We didn't have any phone issues but I have had that issue at other movies. One time, the person receiving the phone call actually carried on a conversation on her phone DURING THE MOVIE!!!! Dude, if you have to take a call, take it in the hallway for crying out loud!

Actually, the same thing still happens at just about every movie theater, despite all the on screen warnings the theaters give about Not doing it.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast