+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Underworld: The Rise of the Lycans

Underworld: The Rise of the Lycans

Best movie of the Underworld Trilogy. It has an R rating but I am not sure it really deserved it. I have seen more blood and guts on the Sci Fi channel's Saturday B movie night. The brief love scene is very tastefully done, yes the couple is naked but you only see side shots. No breasts, no buttocks. Not too much kissing, no humping. There was also no swearing, the F word and the S word were never used so why the R rating? Yes I would take a kid to see it (10 and older). Nowadays most kids have seen worse on CSI or in video games.

One comment I heard from other audience members: they felt that the final battle scene reminded them very much of the Battle for Helm's Deep in the Lord of the Rings trilogy,except you want the "trolls" (in this case werewovles) to win.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Re: Underworld: The Rise of the Lycans

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3310605;
    Best movie of the Underworld Trilogy. It has an R rating but I am not sure it really deserved it.
    Thanks for the review Bearcata. I have enjoyed the Underworld series, so I'm glad to hear this one is so good!! I'm also glad to hear your opinion on the rating. I'm sure my young teens would like to see this one, but it is so hard to know what to expect based on an R rating these days. There are some that don't seem that bad at all to me and some where I was thinking there was no way in heck that I would let them watch. I have taken to watching R and unrated movies without the kids before I decide to let them watch!

+ Reply to Thread