+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: He's Just Not That Into You

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

He's Just Not That Into You

Anyone go see it this weekend?

I went last night with some girlfriends. It was okay, but not as good as I expected.
    Wake up and be awesome

Re: He's Just Not That Into You

The critics have totally panned it. Least the ones I've read. They've said that this is a movie to save for the rental queue when you've got nothing else to watch.

I don't normally agree with what the critics say but I'm thinking they may be right on this one.

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

I think I fell victim to the "I've read the book so the movie wasn't as good" situation. The movie was very loosely based on the book, and when Ben Affleck appeared on screen, well that just shot the movie's credibility.

Honestly, I did think it was cute because I liked the actresses and there were some situations all women could relate to. I guess I was just expecting more.

Four of us went and 2 of us liked it and 2 of us didn't.
    Wake up and be awesome

CCL

I haven't read the book. I really liked the movie particularly the character of Gigi. One of the better "chick flicks" out there.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fogey

I went with a group of 7 women tonight, and all of us really enjoyed it. It was somewhat predictable, but I think every movie of that genre generally is. I thought the characters really had heart, and liked that there were some you were really rooting for, some you were rooting against, and some that were just nice entertainment to pass the time away. Gennifer Goodwin can steal just about anything she's in, and she certainly did with this movie. And it was fun to see her re-united with Warren Chesiwick. :-)

My best friend and I went to see this and we really enjoyed it. We recognized so many "issues" that they talked about. We sat there the whole time nodding our heads going "Yep. I know a guy who did that. Yep, I know what she's going through. Yep, that sounds familiar."
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

FORT Fogey

I hated it. I tried really hard to get into it because all my friends really seemed excited to see it, but Jennifer Anniston just does not entertain me, and it was so silly. BTW only one of the ten of us that saw it liked it.

FORT Fanatic

I want my money back as do all the 7 other women who went with me to see it!

Saw it the other day and I really enjoyed it. I also liked the fact that the movie does not try to go for the perfect Hollywood fairy tale ending for every character. And the lines about ....they now have all this technology to break up with you.....that was priceless and oh, so true.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I thought the movie was boring and slow. It didn't help that the whole time my DH kept saying, "you picked such a stupid wovie to watch...bla bla bla." I liked some parts but didn't like the movie over all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast