+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slumdog Millionaire

Re: Slumdog Millionaire

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda;3294546;
    I truly enjoyed the movie, but I LOVED LOVED OMG LOVED the ending credits. I've had that song in my head for nearly a week now, ever since I saw the movie. It's an instant and definite mood-brightener.
    I'm with you, I loved the ending credits. Whenever someone tells me they are going to see it, I tell them they have to stay through the credits, it's the best part.

I really enjoyed the movie overall, it was something different and a fun movie to see. I thought the child actors in that movie were awesome. I can see why it has been winning awards and I hope it continues to do so.

FORT Newbie

I Really love is Movie. The Role of Dev Patel is Really good.... Very nice.. I Really Want to See Again..........

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3292479;
    I didn't see it as that predictable really. I guess in the REALLY big picture, I can see where it was somewhat predictable. Sure, you did have a pretty good idea of where it was going to wind up in the end. But to me, the path to GET there was not predictable at all, which made it great fun. You knew things were going to be bad, but didn't know how exactly it was going to go or how bad it could get.

Interesting though about a slum in the US vs the slums of India. I think that being set in India certainly made it more powerful. I think that there are many people who know there's a lot of poverty in India, but don't quite comprehend just how bad it can be. I mean really, can Americans truly get their head around the concept that in India and other nations, if you're a poor child and your parents die, you function on your own rather than having some sort of system that provides SOME kind of adult care for you? So I think that in many respects, having our collective eyes opened to just how impoverished poverty can be added a powerful element to the film.
    I agree... most Americans have NO idea what poverty can be like... As a high school student I lived in the subcontinent and was just stunned by it (not that it isn't equally bad in Manilla, many parts of Africa, etc.), and when I came back to the US and volunteered for a US poverty project I had to drop out. They drove us through the local (city) slum and all I could see were people lounging on the front stoops of buildings made of brick, that wouldn't dissolve in the monsoons, with heat, electricity, running water...not my idea of poverty by then.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

I LOVED it! I thought all of the children were fantastic and adorable. The adult actors were fabulous as well....and great to look at. The music was awesome and I just wanted to get up and dance with them at the end. Loved it....definitely a must see.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

PWS
    FORT Fogey

It's only available in a few theaters near where I live now so traveled quite some distance to see it, and it was sold out! For the 6pm show!!! Guess I'm glad, but....

I just saw this. What a fantastic movie. Quite the message too, you are the sum of your experiences.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

How incredibly jealous I am of everyone who has seen it! I am just dying to see this - it seems so vivid, and it seems to have a interesting, endearing story line. "Jai Ho" sounds great, too! I listen to it every once in a while! I'm such a dork!
    i keep bleeding love.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12