+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inkheart

Inkheart

Good movie for the entire family. It is not dumbed down. The best parts are of course Brendan Fraiser and Helen Mirren and the scenery. Loved the palazzo on the lake, wish it were mine and the castle in the hills. The dungeons were fabulous. Great advertising, now I want to visit Northern Italy.

In regards to Helen Mirren, I like how many British actors are not afraid to take on smaller supporting roles and create fabulous characters.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Re: Inkheart

Thanks Bearcata my kiddo is dying to see this so I think we might check it out this weekend
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Duxxy..... my friend and I took a 7 and 8 year old to this movie last Friday night and we all loved it, too.

Bearcata... I loved the same aspects of the movie as you. I also love the focus on reading and the idea that the things that you read can come alive. Makes for very vivid imaginations. I also love that this book had been written especially for Brendan Fraser; the author is a huge fan (as are my friend and I.)

One small spoiler/non-spoiler:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the ending does not mirror the book. In some ways I wish they have left this particular aspect open for the sequel but perhaps they felt that this first film was a bit of a risk and they weren't certain that the others would follow, or ?

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Great reviews, thanks. I have this on my list to see with the kiddos. And, having Brendan Frasier in it is a bonus for this Mom, lol!

Thanks for the reviews! My 7 year old is dying to see this so we're going this weekend.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

I'm still not sure that I want to see this one. I'd really like to, but the trailers show it as being so much different than the book and I'm afraid I'll be disappointed. I may wait until it is available on DVD ... or I might go this weekend if it's at the $4 theatre ...
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

SR5.... One small disclaimer from me: I have not read the book. But my friend has, so that's how I knew to throw in that spoiler part for you. She was happy with the movie, but unfortunately I can't do more to reassure you.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3295389;
    SR5.... One small disclaimer from me: I have not read the book. But my friend has, so that's how I knew to throw in that spoiler part for you. She was happy with the movie, but unfortunately I can't do more to reassure you.
    I'm trying to decide if I can convince myself that it's a different story. Kinda like the musical "Wicked" is nothing at all like the book ... and I loved the musical. It just looks like they've brought in a bunch of special effects stuff and extras that the story doesn't need.
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

Understandable. Andy Serkis is always worth the risk, however, and I never fail to enjoy Paul Bettany.

MRD

Love Helen Mirrin, so may have to go see this one.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast