+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The 81st Academy Awards - Sunday, Feb. 22, 2009

Re: The 81st Academy Awards - Sunday, Feb. 22, 2009

Watching Miley move in the dress is much nicer than just a still shot. It is a lovely dress and looks great on her.

I've been switching between E channel preshow and TV guide preshow. Watching Lisa Rinna on the latter should swear off anyone who is even thinking of having plastic surgery swear off it forever. :nono
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I could NOT watch the TV guide show - I can't stand either Lisa or Joey - they ham it up way too much. They try to BE the show instead of presenting it.
    I'll stick with E! thank you.

Robert Pattison and Zac & Vanessa just appeared on the ABC broadcast. I'm thinking that they're presenting tonight.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I think we are going to see quite a bit of musical bits tonight, I heard Z&V are part of that also.

Queen Latifah is being interviewed right now. She's one of my favs!
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I think most of the winners will be pretty predictable, with the possible exception of Supporting Actress (and I'd love to see Amy Adams win that one). I'm most looking forward to seeing Hugh host. He killed as the host of the Tonys a few years ago. That man needs to be in a movie musical. The moment when he was performing and pulled Sarah Jessica Parker on stage (while he was in character as Peter Allen) was classic (you can find it on youtube, btw, and I highly recommend it if you haven't seen it ). I was watching a video of him preparing for tonight's show and all I can say is that I hope he's wearing a sleeveless tux! Those guns

The pre-shows are pretty bad this year, imho. I can't sit through 30 seconds of Seacrest and Juliana isn't any better. The red carpet interviews are all the same in that the questions are totally inane. I'd prefer just watching people walk by and getting good shots of what they're wearing. Only 20 minutes until the show starts! Does anyone know if there's a site that has the list showing the order in which they're giving out the awards?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I swear, it looks like half of Hollywood descended upon a bridal salon! What's with all of the white/cream/similarly colored dresses? And Miley Cyrus looks like her dress was last used as a stage decoration in the snow scene in a production of the Nutcracker!

I thought Amy Adams looked great, though. She might be my favorite so far.

^I have to disagree. Miley looks really good and really tasteful in that dress. I like Amy, but that thing around her neck is really distracting.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3341313;
    I think most of the winners will be pretty predictable, with the possible exception of Supporting Actress (and I'd love to see Amy Adams win that one). I'm most looking forward to seeing Hugh host. He killed as the host of the Tonys a few years ago. That man needs to be in a movie musical. The moment when he was performing and pulled Sarah Jessica Parker on stage (while he was in character as Peter Allen) was classic (you can find it on youtube, btw, and I highly recommend it if you haven't seen it ). I was watching a video of him preparing for tonight's show and all I can say is that I hope he's wearing a sleeveless tux! Those guns

The pre-shows are pretty bad this year, imho. I can't sit through 30 seconds of Seacrest and Juliana isn't any better. The red carpet interviews are all the same in that the questions are totally inane. I'd prefer just watching people walk by and getting good shots of what they're wearing. Only 20 minutes until the show starts! Does anyone know if there's a site that has the list showing the order in which they're giving out the awards?
    I agree that this year's show will probably be very predictable in all of the big categories, with the exception of the Best Supporting Actress category. I really have no clue as to who will receive the Oscar. I'm thinking Penelope will get it, but everyone else still has a good chance. But I'm with you Critical, I would love to see an Amy win.

So an interviewer was just talking to Zac & Vanessa on ABC (I'm sorry, I don't know her name), and right as they were about to leave, she said to them, "Maybe we'll be seeing you guys nominated soon." I'm sorry, I just had to laugh. I'm far from a disliker of either of them, but Vanessa can't act for crap. Zac is okay, I guess, but Vanessa was probably only chosen for HSM because of her voice and her looks.

And just a minute ago, Miley was saying that she hoped to get nominated for Hannah Montana: The Movie. I don't dislike Miley either, but she really shouldn't get her hopes up.

Is it just me, or does Brangelina seem really eager to get into theatre?

Robin Roberts doing the red carpet? How odd.

I love Miley Cyrus' dress.. thought she looked lovely. Amy Adams was stunning.. the red was gorgeous, and that necklace.. wow!

Heidi Klum's dress was interesting. I've missed most of the women as I've been driving between homes tonight.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread