+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Seven Pounds

Seven Pounds

Has anyone else seen this yet?? We saw it today. It was a good movie, very well acted. A little slow in places.
    I do have to say that I had it figured out about 20 mins in. Watching it play out was heart-wrenching.
    I can't say it was an enjoyable movie but it was certainly a good one.
    p.s. there's no synopsis, even the movie tagline gives too much away.

See it, let it unfold and take what do you from it.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Re: Seven Pounds

Saw it... knew it would be a tear jerker. I also figured it out quickly, but still enjoyed the movie. Definitely not your run of the mill flick.

I just watched this on On Demand. I loved it. This is definitely going in my collection. I did have a question, though. Why did he have to pose as his brother in order to contact these people? Is it because it was the only way they would allow him in? If they thought he was from the IRS? It just seemed weird that he would go to such lengths. And pull such elaborate lies. I would give this movie 5 stars.
    Last edited by nilesgirl; 05-19-2009 at 12:25 PM.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Loved this movie!! I finally watched it last night and maybe someone here can help me with something. There is a scene early on in which
    Click to see Spoiler:
    his brother calls him and asks him if he "accidentally" took anything from his house the last time he visited. Will Smith's response was that he didn't take anything, but remembers leaving something behind, he asks his brother if he remembers Will leaving anything and he says yes.
    I don't remember this part ever being explained. One other thing that I wish had been re-visited during the film was
    Click to see Spoiler:
    his visit to the nursing home. He told the director that he would be popping in from time to time to check up on things, and then never does.
    That scene was excellent.

I am not much of a Will Smith fan, but he was impressive in this film.

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3467013;
    Loved this movie!! I finally watched it last night and maybe someone here can help me with something. There is a scene early on in which
    Click to see Spoiler:
    his brother calls him and asks him if he "accidentally" took anything from his house the last time he visited. Will Smith's response was that he didn't take anything, but remembers leaving something behind, he asks his brother if he remembers Will leaving anything and he says yes.
    I don't remember this part ever being explained. One other thing that I wish had been re-visited during the film was
    Click to see Spoiler:
    his visit to the nursing home. He told the director that he would be popping in from time to time to check up on things, and then never does.
    That scene was excellent.

I am not much of a Will Smith fan, but he was impressive in this film.
    What he said was
    Click to see Spoiler:
    "I remember giving you something. Do you remember that?" Which was explained after his death by his brother. His brother told Emily that a year after the car accident that took the lives of Tim's (WS) fiancee and 6 other people, Ben (the real Ben) got violently ill and needed lobe transplants (lung). Tim gave him part of his lung to save his brother's life. So when he said "I remember giving you something." He was talking about the partial lung that he gave him to save his life.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Thank you!!

No problem.

I know I'm late to this thread but just caught this On Demand. Wow. Agree that it was slow at times but still a powerful movie. I knew early on what he was planning but was surprised up until the last minute about
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the jellyfish being his "weapon" of choice. I was wondering how he was going to do it and keep his organs viable.
    I can't believe a movie exists that actually made me care about a Woody Harrelson character . I highly recommend this one. It really makes you think about your own life and how you're living it. Also, another good reminder
    Click to see Spoiler:
    not to text and drive
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

FORT Newbie

I Saw it.It's great!

+ Reply to Thread