+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Uninvited (Jan 2009)

The Uninvited (Jan 2009)

Has anyone seen a preview yet for the movie The Uninvited?

The IMDB synopsis says:
    Anna Rydell returns home to her sister (and best friend) Alex after a stint in a mental hospital, though her recovery is jeopardized thanks to her cruel stepmother, aloof father, and the presence of a ghost in their home.
    I had really been looking forward to this one, and now I am guessing that I am going to be highly disappointed by it. It is a remake of a fantastic and absolutely beautifully filmed Korean movie from 2003 called A Tale of Two Sisters (Janghwa, Hongryeon). I heard the remake was finally done, but when I watched the trailer at The Uninvited (2009) | Official Movie Site and Trailer I have to say that it looks like they may have taken great liberties with the storyline. I highly recommend that people rent the original before checking out this remake (it is available on Netflix)!!

MRD

Re: The Uninvited (Jan 2009)

Ok, after reading your synopis, I'm much relieved. I figured it would be about some of my friends who just like to "drop" by.

Is it scary? What genre would you say it is? I don't like gory movies. I can do a little "ghost" stuff, but nothing really creepy or scary and mental hospital movies always creep me out.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Re: The Uninvited (Jan 2009)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3260539;
    Is it scary? What genre would you say it is? I don't like gory movies. I can do a little "ghost" stuff, but nothing really creepy or scary and mental hospital movies always creep me out.
    The original movie was not gory. However, it was quite creepy. It was scary more like The Ring was scary - storyline and suspense. But IMO the cinematography added a whole additional dimension to this film. It was also one of those movies where the ending changed my perspective on what was going on, so I ended up watching the whole movie again from a different viewpoint.

ETA: I hate having to assign specific genres to some movies - this one could easily fall into foreign, mystery & suspense, or horror.

+ Reply to Thread