+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button

The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button

Has anyone seen this movie yet. I saw it last night and it was really good, nice story. It's very long though...3 hours and ten minutes. What did everyone else think?

Premium Member

Re: The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button

My son saw it on Christmas. He liked it and said when they left the theater they were surprised by how late it was because it didn't seem like they had been in there for over 3 hours.

I saw it and enjoyed it. It is really long, but the time just flies by. If you go see it, you might want to bring some tissues, my sister and I were using up all the napkins we had.

Actually the theater information has it timed at 2 hours and 48 minutes. I just came back from it and I have to give my review. Over the years, Brad Pitt has slowly lost my interest but after seeing this, I am back to being part of what I like to call the "Pitt" crew (NasCar humor. Sorry). I didn't even care that it was long or that it was a little slow-moving. This movie had me intrigued from beginning to end. BP's on-screen chemistry with Kate Blanchett was stellar. I was facinated watching Benjamin experience all his firsts backwards. And while there were some gut-wrenching scenes, they were softened by little comical one-liners. This is by far one of the best movies I've seen in a very VERY long time. I absolutely loved it and hope that it will win an award. I would absolutely LOVE to see Pitt and Blanchett work together again. Great job to everyone. I will never forget this film and it will definitely be going in my collection when it comes out on DVD.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

I saw it last night and loved it! I did think it was a little long though....around his "middle age" I thought to myself, "ohhh boy...we still have half his life to get through." But it was fantastic and Brad was excellent in it! I cried through like the last quarter of it! Definitly worth seeing and worth the three hours!!

FINALLY caught this last night!

Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett were absolutely stellar. They both deserve some sort of acting honors for this, because through all the stages of life they had to play, I found that I never disbelieved them --- or what they put on the screen, rather --- at all.

The story was great, as was the makeup, too.

Very, very good movie! Well worth your time and money!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Newbie

I wasn't a fan of the film. Out of the Best Picture nominees this year, it was my least favourite. Technically, it was stunning. I can't fault the effects. But the love story at the centre of it, the supposed amazing heart of the film, was soulless. I felt nothing for the couple, it was just so cold. I didn't see the love or the world ending romance between Benjamin and Daisy. Frankly, their entire relationship seemed to be based on sex! I loved some of the supporting characters - Benjamin's adopted family, his father, the sailors, Tilda Swinton (the best thing in the movie) but overall it just didn't spark my interest. One man's life did not need to be 3 hours long!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I just watched this the other night and I absolutely LOVED this movie. The special effects were phenomonal and Brad is still an absolutely stunning man!

Definitely had to have tissues for this movie too!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I agree entirely with pandora. I didn't feel any love connection or chemistry between the two (besides sex), and after about an hour and a half my fiance and I left. I felt like we had been in there for hours, and frankly, after 90 minutes we discovered...we just didn't care about benjamin button anymore, lol. visual effects, however, were impressive..but I still have no desire to finish the movie!

I posted this in the "movies you have rented" thread, but I will post a quick thought here also...

I thought this was a WONDERFUL movie! I thought with the whole age difference thing it could have been profoundly creepy, but it was handled very well. I bought the chemistry between them and thought the special effects were very well done. I cried a lot, probably the last third of the movie.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast