+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marley & Me - ending question

Marley & Me - ending question

I loved the book! But I can't say the movie looks the best, though I would be willing to watch it & give it a chance.

Just a quick question for anyone who has watched it already... does Marley die at the end? You can PM me the answer if you want, I don't want to spoil the end for anyone else if they don't want to know.

Thanks.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Re: Marley & Me - ending question

Took the kids to this last night. I've not read the book. We loved it. Darling movie, I think Owen Wilson and Jennifer Aniston did a great job, it's a very heartwarming flick.

TVJunkie - do you still need a PM? Or do you have your answer.

Great Flick. Husband and I went yesterday. As far as the ending it goes like this....Sorry don't want to ruin it for anyone. Just go see it.

FORT Fogey

I thought it was a great movie - hilariously funny yet sad when there was no other alternative.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Premium Member

We had a dog named Marley who died 2 years before this book was published, so it has always hit a little too close to home. I would like to see the movie, but I think I'll wait until I can rent it and watch it at home.

hcw

I loved my yellow goldendor (half golden/half lab). Smartest and gentlest dog I ever had. End of the movie was very tough for me. I saw it three days ago and it still is dragging up hard emotions.

Heather
    Last edited by hcw; 12-29-2008 at 02:58 PM. Reason: tried to insert picture...

FORT Newbie

I dont think I will able to see this movie. I get to attached to the animals.

I was only ever able to read "The Yearling" once - can't even get past a chapter or two now. Never read or saw "Old Yeller". Won't read or see "Marley". Just can't do it.
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

I can't see if either. I'm still traumatized from reading Where the Red Fern Grows when I was in the 6th grade!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by SR5Rfan;3260649;
    I was only ever able to read "The Yearling" once - can't even get past a chapter or two now. Never read or saw "Old Yeller". Won't read or see "Marley". Just can't do it.
    I can't read the Yearling and avoid Old Yeller.

I did read Marley and it was a fabulous book, but sad at the end. But the rest of it was worth reading. And i don't say that often because I can't stand books or movies where the dog dies. One of the reasons I didn't watch I am Legend until just recently.

But I also read Merle's Door recently and loved it as well. And I cried at the end of it too.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast