+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What are your favourite Christmas movies?

Re: What are your favourite Christmas movies?

My sister and brother-in-law have the full-sized leg lamp - it sits on a table in the middle of their front room window.
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

Of course I love most of the movies that you guys have listed. I have a favorite that I've loved since I was a kid. "Bell, Book and Candle". I even named my daughter Gillian (after Kim Novak's character). I've heard that they are doing a remake but NOTHING can compare to the original. The beatnik club that the witches go to ( The Zodiac) is so cool and groovy. I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE this movie. It's not really a Christmas movie but it takes place at Christmas so good enough for me. Jimmy Stewart, Kim Novak, Jack Lemmon and a cast of thousands. It's a great movie!

I tried to share White Christmas with my kiddo this year and she said "mom, why are we watching this antique movie and when is it going to get better?" and that was the end of that ...
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by SR5Rfan;3259053;
    My sister and brother-in-law have the full-sized leg lamp - it sits on a table in the middle of their front room window.
    I am so jealous.

Walmart had in their Christmas stuff this year a string of leg lamps for the tree and a lot of other Christmas Story ornaments. I was going to go back after Christmas and see if they still had the lights, but I didn't.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD - Sis gave the lamp to her hubby for Christmas a couple years back. You'd have thought she gave him the moon! He is quite proud of it.
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

A Christmas Story is still so funny. I was surprised when we caught snippets throughout their marathon this year that I was still laughing out loud despite having seen it so many times.

We also like It's a Wonderful Life, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and A Charlie Brown Christmas. I haven't seen Mr. Magoo's version of Scrooge in a while, but that was a good one too.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;3255603;
    The one with the abominable snowman and the elf who wants to be a dentist
    Now that I think about it, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer is one of my top movies of all time, not just tops in the Christmas category.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3255433;
    I love the awful Lifetime/Hallmark Christmas movies, too. So predictable.
    and to top it all off, Bad Santa. Billy Bob Thornton is such a pig, but the ending is sweet.
    Bad Santa was funny, but something about Billy Bob is too harsh for me to be putting it on my favorites list.

As for the Hallmark movies, never watched them before, but this year I took in a few. It was funny how so many of them ended with the heroine getting presented with jewelry in a Kay Jewelers box. Lol, it was like Little Orphan Annie and the Ovaltine -- we were rooked in to watching a lousy commercial
    Actually, they were pleasant mindless pap that was soothing when I had a terrible cold and couldn't do anything but rest.
    Last edited by Harvest; 01-06-2009 at 01:59 AM.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

The Santa Clause
    A Christmas Story &
    Miracle on 34th Street (the old black & white version)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234