+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Day the Earth Stood Still

The Day the Earth Stood Still

Wonderful movie. Well written, good plot, actors did a great job, special effects enhance the film and not overwhelm it. I have not seen the original except for bits and pieces over the years. Keanu Reeves is absolutely perfect casting for this part. It is also chilling to see how stupid the American government acted toward "Klatu". Especially the last order the president (who is hidden in an underground bunker) gives to the Secretary of Defense. The theme of the movie is different from the original, environmental vs nuclear bombs but the final message is the same. I do like how writers and director did not try to hammer home the point and let the film stand on its on merits. No bad language, no gory bloody scenes, OK for young children. I think I would give it 4 stars out of 4.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fan

Re: The Day the Earth Stood Still

As much as I love Keanu (which is A LOT), I liked the original much better than this version. I felt the plot was lacking and that it was kinda slow, although the special effects and the action scenes were pretty cool. Also, I found the kid to be extremely annoying.

I know there are alot of negative reviews for this movie. I think it has alot to do if you have seen the original movie and are a fan. I have never seen the original movie, although I know about the film and have seen little clips over the yrs. I went to see this remake with no preconceptions I just enjoyed what they presented to me.

Quote Originally Posted by thetortfeasor;3252266;
    As much as I love Keanu (which is A LOT), I liked the original much better than this version. I felt the plot was lacking and that it was kinda slow, although the special effects and the action scenes were pretty cool. Also, I found the kid to be extremely annoying.
    The kid did a great job presenting himself as self absorbed and into video games. A perfect representation of today's child, in other words a self absorbed, rude, brat with tons of self entitlement.

+ Reply to Thread