+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 37 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Twilight: New Moon

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Twilight: New Moon

Since this movie is in pre-production, I thought I'd start a casting discussion.

Who do you see as Sam, the Alpha lead in Jacob's pack?

Who do you see as Aro, the lead Italian vampire?

And, do you think with an increased budget, this movie will garner more known actors or do you think producers will continue to cast more new, fresh faces?

Re: Twilight: New Moon

Well, unless they change it for the second movie Solomon Trimble is already Sam.

I'm not sure about Aro, I have this image in my head physically that I can't yet put a name to.
    Something like a John Malcovich type? But NOT John Malcovich. hmmmm... *thinks*
    What about Zeljko Ivanek? He was the actor who played the man who took the team hostage in the "Last Resort" Episode of House M.D a few weeks ago.

I'm exited to see who will end up being Emily.(I think that was her name?) Sam's fiance.
    Last edited by ClosetNerd; 12-07-2008 at 02:35 PM.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Sam was in Twilight?!? Whoops, I missed him. I'll look up Solomon Trimble.

I don't know who Zeljko Ivanek is, but I love his name. On the Twilight thread, I mentioned Gene Hackman in the role of Aro, but again, I don't know if New Moon will have the budget for actors of his caliber.

Running off to IMDB.

He was just in it for a speck when Bella went with the classmates to the beach and Jacob showed up with 2 friends.. And he wasn't called out by name

I hope with the success of Twilight that the producers/writers/editors all do a better job on the white faces, effects and dialog that could have made Twilight a better movie and hopefully we will see that in New Moon.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I read on IMDB that they kept the same director *sigh*
    I've already seen 2 crappy directing jobs from her, hopefully this one will be better.

Agreed Bearcata - the white, powder faces were overdone. I think Edward and Alice were acceptable, but Jasper, Rosalie and Carlisle were awful.

ClosetNerd - Regarding the director, Catherine Hardwicke, I do not know much about her. I thought parts of Twilight were very well done, the final battle scene, the baseball game, the kissing scene, etc, and some very cheesy, like the meadow scene and the fast forward running scenes. It's my hope with an significantly increased budget, some of this can be remedied. What would you like to see C. Hardwicke do differently?

Gene Hackman has retired from acting, talldede. Given his resume, I doubt he would be tempted back for New Moon. I happen to agree with you, though, about Catherine Hardwicke - I think she did the best job she could with what she was given (poor FX and some makeup disasters). The ballet studio scene was very well done - the image of the vampires cavorting by the fire was visually captivating.

I wonder if they're going to throw the whole idea of the werewolves being physically large in their human form. I looked at Solomon Trimble's imdb as well and he's listed as 5'11".

I think they're going to stick with young unknowns, and I have to say I prefer it that way. I don't know if it's a reflection on the talent of current big names or if it's just information overload from TV & the internet, but every time I watch a movie with a big star - Tom Cruise, Angelina Jolie, John Travolta, etc. - I'm hyper-aware that it's them I'm watching, not the character they're portraying. I don't want a tabloid face messing with my image of the Twilight characters, who I've quickly grown attached to.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

CCL

I didn't know Gene Hackman had retired.
    I would hope they would keep the idea of the werewolves being larger than humans - they could easily do it using forced perspective and other camera tricks.
    Never really thought about what Aro would look like. I do like Zeljko Ivanek (mentioned by ClosetNerd above) but I think Aro would be more louchely Italian.
    I did read that the moneymen behind Twilight didn't really think that it was necessary to increase the budget for New Moon so that we could have better special effects. Maybe they will feel differently once they get the story treatment (then again, considering the huge audience they got even with Twilight's low-budget effects, the might think they could just save their money, keep the special effects low-cost and make more profit. ). Mention was also made about how they would have to spend money for on-location shooting for the Italian scenes (watch them end up doing them on some backlot in Hollywood).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I didn't know Gene Hackman had retired either. Thanks for the info AJane. I do like your point of less known actors filling these roles as then we don't have preconceived notions of them in previous roles. Good point.

I just read on another site that Summit Entertainment has removed Catherine Hardwick from New Moon. The timing is awful, as they are promoting the movie in Europe right now, but apparently, Summit credits the movies success to the Director of Photography, Elliott Davis and the Editor, Nancy Richardson.

Stay tuned.........

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 37 1234567891011 ... LastLast