+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Twilight: New Moon

CCL

Re: Twilight: New Moon

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;3254132;
    I just read that Taylor Lautner (Jacob) is sitting down with Chris Weitz on Friday. Taylor has also put on 19 pounds, he's working out furiously and has promised Chris Weitz 10 more pounds by the time filming starts. Taylor is doing everything he can to secure the role of Jacob in New Moon.

I don't really care if they recast Jacob or not, but I feel bad for Taylor Lautner reading this. Now if only they would direct their casting efforts to replacing Nikki Reed as Rosalie...
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I would imagine that they would like to keep Taylor on if possible. Who knows, maybe he will be able to pull it off?
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;3250758;
    I was listening to music in the van last night and thinking about this thread.
    Suddenly "Precious" by Depeche Mode came on and it was like BAM!!
    While working around the house yesterday, with my iTunes playing on shuffle, this song came on. I was not very familiar with it, as my kids load up my Ipod with some of their music as well. It's Finger Eleven, "I'll Keep Your Memory Vague." I love it. The sound is haunting and the lyrics perfect. I could see a flashback scene with Edward, in physical pain, thinking of Bella. Or Bella, when she is gripping her stomach in pain, it fits.

Here are the lyrics. There is a video on the tubie site, good stuff!

This won't break your heart
    But I just think it could
    Cause I haven't tried as hard as I should
    To separate you from everything I do
    But I would never want to come between us two

I'll keep your memory vague
    So you won't feel bad about me
    I'll say the things that you said
    Sometimes so it reminds me

Now I'm thinking back
    To what I said before
    I hope your heart won't have to hurt anymore
    Cause it's really not that sad from here
    Because the moments I can feel you near
    They keep you close to me my dear
    And if they ever become too clear...

Now you've gone away
    Don't worry it's ok
    That you're gone away
    Further than yesterday
    But you'll never leave these scenes
    My mind replays

Where in the world have you gone now?
    Last edited by talldede; 12-31-2008 at 11:46 AM.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Taylor Lautner is Jacob! I know many will not be thrilled with this, but many will. Here is the statement from Chris Weitz and Stephenie.

Good news about New Moon from director Chris Weitz:

I'm very happy to announce that Taylor Lautner will be playing Jacob Black in New Moon and that he's doing so with the enthusiastic support of Summit Entertainment, the producers, and Stephenie Meyer.

The characters in Stephenie's books go through extraordinary changes of circumstance and also appearance; so it is not surprising that there has been speculation about whether the same actor would portray a character who changes in so many surprising ways throughout the series. But it was my first instinct that Taylor was, is, and should be Jacob, and that the books would be best served by the actor who is emotionally right for the part. I think that fans of Twilight the book and the movie will be surprised by the Jacob Black that Taylor will bring to the screen in New Moon; and I'm looking forward to working with him and the rest of the cast in realizing the film.

very best

Chris Weitz

I'd just like to add that I was very much a part of this decision. My first priority was always what was best for New Moon—what was going to give us the best possible movie. I'm truly thrilled that Taylor was the one who proved to the director, to Summit, and to me that he is the best possible Jacob we could have. And I'm very much looking forward to seeing what he's going to bring to Jacob's character this year.

- Steph
    StephenieMeyer.com | Twilight Series | New Moon | The Movie

well, I'm happy with the decision. And eager to see how his transformation will be.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

I think I am happy with it as well, mostly because I think Taylor would have been devastated to have this role taken from him, for no fault of his own. I am hoping that we'll all be pleasantly surprised that he can bring more to the role of Jacob than we thought. Plus, now his millions of screaming teenage fans don't have to fall into the pits of despair.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Or us older mom types who think he's just a doll
    Also, I'm just a sucker for consistency. I used to haaaate when a TV show would change a character's actor or actress.. Just write them off!

CCL

I'm good with him staying. When do they start shooting the new movie?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Well, I'm not thrilled. But I'll wait & hope to be surprised by the "new" Taylor. I certainly don't blame him for aggressively pursuing the role. Jacob is really the male lead in New Moon and it will be huge for his career if he can pull it off. I'm dying to see who else will be cast. The imdb page only has Pattinson & Stewart, along with the rest of the actors who play the younger Cullen family members.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Hokey Smokes did anyone see the video clip online of Taylor showing his new muscles to Access Hollywood or whatever tabloid show it was. They were crazy.

+ Reply to Thread